Your first shiny pokemon

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Your first shiny pokemon

User Info: VectorAgent

VectorAgent
4 years ago#91
Hey guys, a question:

I'm about to play through White Version for the first time, and I'm really hoping for a shiny larvesta when I hatch that larvesta egg you get.

If I save before I hatch it, can I keep exiting the game, opening the save file, and hatching it again until I get it to be shiny? (Sorry if this is a noob question, I have pretty much zero experience with shinies and how you get them!)
This is here so that I can say something in all caps if I want.

User Info: Mugiloko

Mugiloko
4 years ago#92
VectorAgent posted...
Hey guys, a question:

I'm about to play through White Version for the first time, and I'm really hoping for a shiny larvesta when I hatch that larvesta egg you get.

If I save before I hatch it, can I keep exiting the game, opening the save file, and hatching it again until I get it to be shiny? (Sorry if this is a noob question, I have pretty much zero experience with shinies and how you get them!)

Hatch the egg and grind for a shiny.
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725. "Squids are evil!" http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/a/a6/571Zoroark.png/180px-571Zoroark.png

User Info: RemixV4

RemixV4
4 years ago#93
I don't recall every seeing a shiny among the many years I've played Pokemon games. Though I did catch Pokerus twice -_-'
The heart is shaken more by a single action than a thousand words.

VectorAgent
4 years ago#94
Mugiloko posted...
VectorAgent posted...
Hey guys, a question:

Which means...soft resetting?

Mugiloko
4 years ago#95
VectorAgent posted...
Mugiloko posted...
VectorAgent posted...
Hey guys, a question:

Which means...soft resetting?

Nope. Get the Larvesta and keep making eggs with it.

Use a japanese Ditto for better results.
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725. "Squids are evil!" http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/a/a6/571Zoroark.png/180px-571Zoroark.png

VectorAgent
4 years ago#96
Ah, gotcha. Does soft resetting work, though? (Thanks for the tips!)

Mugiloko
4 years ago#97
VectorAgent posted...
Ah, gotcha. Does soft resetting work, though? (Thanks for the tips!)

No idea.

User Info: MeLikeyPie

MeLikeyPie
4 years ago#98
Wow, this topic reminded me of a dream I had just last night where I was playing Pokemon and I caught a 5th gen shiny. I can't remember what it was though...>_>

I remember there was some green to it. But I just looked at a list of 5th gen pokemon and none of them clicked. Meh. =x
Here I come, King of Heroes! Do you have enough weapons at your disposal? - Emiya Shirou

User Info: jamieyello

jamieyello
4 years ago#99
I've played all games up from ruby, never caught a shiny. I've found and caught a shiny on my brothers ruby like a year ago though, he still won't let me have it. ),:

User Info: KyrieIrving

KyrieIrving
4 years ago#100
The first shiny Pokemon I saw was a shiny Onix in Silver Version. Unfortunately, since I didn't know what a shiny was, I thought my game was corrupted so I turned it off. The first shiny I caught was a shiny Zubat in Ruby.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Your first shiny pokemon

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived