How to beat the grass (bug?) gym leader?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. How to beat the grass (bug?) gym leader?

User Info: nintendomaniaco

nintendomaniaco
4 years ago#1
I picked Oshawott, and I only ever train my main, but I keep loosing. I'm level thirty something now, but razor leaf is pretty deadly anyway. I've run out of trainers to beat, so how can I beat this gym?!

User Info: wind64a

wind64a
4 years ago#2
What moveset are you using?
Badge Case [Time Badge]
Strifehart is my OTP. FC: 4170-0917-6393 services performed at BSC: 1 Riley's Boyfriend on the BW2 boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142

User Info: TheKitchenRat

TheKitchenRat
4 years ago#3
nintendomaniaco posted...
I picked Oshawott, and I only ever train my main, but I keep loosing. I'm level thirty something now, but razor leaf is pretty deadly anyway. I've run out of trainers to beat, so how can I beat this gym?!

There's your problem.
This sig is a lie.

User Info: yzman

yzman
4 years ago#4
Obvious solution would be to train ANYthing besides your starter but to each his own...
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."

User Info: Darkeep12

Darkeep12
4 years ago#5
Get a Growlithe at the Virbank Complex, level him up a bit, and enjoy an easy victory.
PSN/Steam Id (It's the same): Darkeeper

User Info: nintendomaniaco

nintendomaniaco
4 years ago#6
I have two fighting moves and two water moves, both of which are weak against them. I don't think I have any useful tms.

I've captured every pokemon I've come across up until now, and while it'd be a pain to have to train a level five or something to be able to beat this gym, I guess I'll consider it. What would be the best pokemon? I don't have any fire types.

User Info: Natwaf_akidna

Natwaf_akidna
4 years ago#7
If you insist on using Oshawott/Dewott, hunt down Audinos.

Otherwise, pick up a Fire, Poison, or Flying type to take care of Leavanny (have your Dewott, and I sincerely hope you evolved the thing, take care of Dwebble). In another hilarious circumstance, Magnemite resists whatever Burgh throws at you.
My Little Phineas and Ferb: Summer is Magic!
Aww, I lost to SuperNiceDog, Winner of the Rivalry Rumble Guru Contest

User Info: wind64a

wind64a
4 years ago#8
If you insist on using your starter, Return should allow you to do neutral damage to Leavanny.
Badge Case [Time Badge]
Strifehart is my OTP. FC: 4170-0917-6393 services performed at BSC: 1 Riley's Boyfriend on the BW2 boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142

User Info: mongopikis

mongopikis
4 years ago#9
Get Braviary at Route 5. It's level 25, and thanks to its typing and stupid stats, you don't even need to train it.

Aerial Ace for massive damage.

User Info: SirRobX

SirRobX
4 years ago#10
I don't think it's possible, you should just give up... I'm sorry. But don't worry, there are other games out there for you to play. I hear Digimon games are good...
Pokemon Black FC: 3310 8523 8493
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. How to beat the grass (bug?) gym leader?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
EVs explained! PLEASE READ!jayman71299/19 7:43AM