Most influential moves in competitive play?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Most influential moves in competitive play?

User Info: RomeoMinola

RomeoMinola
4 years ago#21
Door2Light posted...
infinitexx posted...
U-Turn/Volt Switch.

Those moves are that important? I knew they were good but wow.

They both sure as hell hold more influence over the Metagame than Focus Blast does.

User Info: mustardpi314

mustardpi314
4 years ago#22
Stealth Rock - fairly self explanatory. accounts for the viability and inviability of so many pokemon. strategies to put it up, take it out, etc.
Hidden Power - how did this topic go this far with no mention of this move? hidden power is the sole reason many pokemon are even usable. Magnezone would be **** without Hidden Power, as would be many special attackers with otherwise lacking coverage options.
Volt/Turn - Can't decide on one, so i'll group them together. Major annoyances, but seriously effective means of gaining control of the battle. A big factor in why Genesect is in suspect testing.

After this i'm slightly BSing.

Will-o-Wisp - Residual damage is never fun, but Will-o-wisp does more than just 12.5% per turn. Will-o-wisp's attack drop stops the vast majority of physical attackers dead in their attempts to sweep.
Scald is similar to will-o-wisp, but trading the chance to burn for guaranteed immediate damage. Not to mention giving a burn option to bulky water types.
Spore - Sleep is annoying, especially with the new sleep mechanics. Spore's guaranteed sleep certainly is rage inducing. Spore takes some otherwise average pokemon and gives them huge utility.
Superpower - Fighting is a very strong offensive type. i think this move merits mention due to its wide availability and high power. it's a very effective coverage move that many pokemon love having.
Heh heh... the wind... it is... blowing...

User Info: BirdPwNz100

BirdPwNz100
4 years ago#23
Entrainment with Truant ability.
PSN: oBirdPwNz-

User Info: MileRun

MileRun
4 years ago#24
Stealth Rock is huge. Stealth Rock weakness helped drive Ice-types the hell out of OU. Rock-weak Pokemon need to be able to overcome that 25-50% HP drop in order to see regular use.

Earthquake is definitely a big one. People say that Ground-type attacks aren't as prominent these days, but they still stick Air Balloons on anything with a Ground weakness anyways.

Volt Switch and U-Turn, as noted, are annoying-as-hell mindgamey safe-switch moves. Definitely a large part of the current metagame.

Toxic is and always has been a key move for beating walls and setup sweepers alike. Practically every major wall nowadays either has to be a Steel-type or have an ability that prevents or cures Toxic.
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Most influential moves in competitive play?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived