The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Bianca EV checker phrases?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Bianca EV checker phrases?

User Info: demonslay477

demonslay477
4 years ago#1
No one is giving me a clear answer on this, even though it's a common question =/

Bianca when called on the xtransciever , will check your pokemons effort.

Whats phrases indicate what amount of EVs though. I know for complex spreads, where you don't max out one or two stats, she'll keep saying " This pokemon can work a little harder"

What i'm confused about is what she says when one stat is maxed or two stats have 252 EVs. I've been training my Charizard on Basculin(+2 speed ev) with a power anklet AND on Litwick(+1 Sp. ATK ev) with a power lens.

That's 7 speed ev per basculin, and 5 sp. atk ev per litwick.

I called her this last time after training and she's said(yes with me mostly keeping track of my EVs) that "Charizard seems like it can work a little harder,BUT it's worked hard on SP.ATK and SPEED"

For my other Charizard(was only above average so i bread it for better IVs) I trained him on sp.atk and speed also, but instead bianca says "Charizard has worked REALLY hard, I think it's worked PARTICULARLY hard on SP.ATK"

I want to know the value differences, if any, by these phrases. Does "worked hard"=252 and if it does, what does "particularly hard" mean?

Someone please, lay down some breeder knowledge.
My MHFU character is named after my ex girlfriend. So if i ever die, it's like revenge. Too bad i never die.

demonslay477
4 years ago#2
Through grinding, i figured it out myself. Thanks most useless forum on the internet.
My MHFU character is named after my ex girlfriend. So if i ever die, it's like revenge. Too bad i never die.

User Info: Voltares

Voltares
4 years ago#3
demonslay477 posted...
No one is giving me a clear answer on this, even though it's a common question =/

Bianca when called on the xtransciever , will check your pokemons effort.

Whats phrases indicate what amount of EVs though. I know for complex spreads, where you don't max out one or two stats, she'll keep saying " This pokemon can work a little harder"

What i'm confused about is what she says when one stat is maxed or two stats have 252 EVs. I've been training my Charizard on Basculin(+2 speed ev) with a power anklet AND on Litwick(+1 Sp. ATK ev) with a power lens.

That's 7 speed ev per basculin, and 5 sp. atk ev per litwick.

I called her this last time after training and she's said(yes with me mostly keeping track of my EVs) that "Charizard seems like it can work a little harder,BUT it's worked hard on SP.ATK and SPEED"

For my other Charizard(was only above average so i bread it for better IVs) I trained him on sp.atk and speed also, but instead bianca says "Charizard has worked REALLY hard, I think it's worked PARTICULARLY hard on SP.ATK"

I want to know the value differences, if any, by these phrases. Does "worked hard"=252 and if it does, what does "particularly hard" mean?

Someone please, lay down some breeder knowledge.

Basculin gives 2 plus 4 from the power anklet is 6 not 7. Maybe that is the miscalculation.
Pokemon black fc 0132 1746 5084
White 2 fc 0519 5733 6699

demonslay477
4 years ago#4
Yeah, i meant 6. But a guide to what she says would still be nice.

I've figured out that if she says "worked hard" it's 200+ev. 252 is particularly hard. But i do a lot of EV training, and it's not always two stats maxed to 252, so checking my ev status is just a nightmare sometime, i end up tallying it all up.

Thanks for the correction though.

User Info: Abramelin

Abramelin
4 years ago#5
Personally, I use 100% accurate moves guaranteed to 1HKO and keep track with PP instead of tallies.
Opinions are immunity to being told you're wrong.
"I AM SO ANGRY MY PERIODS ARE CAPITALIZED> " - DurpDurpDurp
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Bianca EV checker phrases?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived