IV question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: DaveyBouge

DaveyBouge
4 years ago#1
So I was wondering: Can you change the IV's on a pokemon and still get the best out of them?

Further explanation: I have Iv'd trained a pokemon and messed him up. I know I can remove the iV's with berries etc but after the removal of said IV's and re-application can the pokemons stats be the same as if I hadn't done the initial iv training?

Hope that makes sense. :)

Any thoughts/knowledge?
B2 FC: 4213 2931 0485

User Info: Kapuxa

Kapuxa
4 years ago#2
U mean EVs, and yes, if u remove them all using berrys and retrain it, it will be as u had never messed the Evs up

User Info: Nightbird_X

Nightbird_X
4 years ago#3
what that guy said. IVs are 0-31, and cannot be changed other than using things like an AR. They affect stats in a way similar to EVs, but are "randomly" chosen when a Pokemon is caught.
I'm told I look a lot like Rory Macdonald - http://i46.tinypic.com/2eyf5sy.jpg
Set to WARNED status for being a Republican on 11/08/2012

User Info: DaveyBouge

DaveyBouge
4 years ago#4
Kapuxa posted...
U mean EVs, and yes, if u remove them all using berrys and retrain it, it will be as u had never messed the Evs up

Whoops. Yes I mean ev's. what a fool! Ha. Right ok, that's what I thought just wanted some confirmation. Thanks pal.
B2 FC: 4213 2931 0485

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived