The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Is it just me or that regular bird/flying pokemon in the beginning are better?Ev

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Is it just me or that regular bird/flying pokemon in the beginning are better?Ev

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
4 years ago#1
Ever since Sapphire and Fire Red early beginning bird pokemon like Pidgey they do better than the starter pokemon.

I just bought HeartGold this weekend and I caught the first bird pokemon along with Bellsprout and I swear everytime for a new Pokemon game including the Black/White games bird pokemon do better than the starter pokemon.

Not just with the Gust move but bird pokemon can really beat the first 2 Gym trainers if you train and level them up to level 8-10

User Info: LightningAce11

LightningAce11
4 years ago#2
They're good early on, but start to suck later. Staraptor is the only one who bypasses this rule.
Official Zapdos of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
Married to Rosa

User Info: CharizardFire

CharizardFire
4 years ago#3
I swear everytime for a new Pokemon game including the Black/White games bird pokemon do better than the starter pokemon

That's just really ignorant. The Pidove line sucks, pure and simple. And you can get a much, much, much better Normal/Flying-type later on in White or White 2.
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
The official Charizard of the Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 boards.

User Info: electric_emu

electric_emu
4 years ago#4
Starly is the only one who remains powerful, given that it develops Intimidate a la Staravia and later learns Close Combat when it evolves into Staraptor.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Is it just me or that regular bird/flying pokemon in the beginning are better?Ev

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived