Questions Concerning Wi-Fi Battles

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Questions Concerning Wi-Fi Battles

User Info: Amy789

Amy789
4 years ago#1
Hi Guiise!!

I have a some questions concerning Wi-Fi battles I was hoping to get help on:

1. Can pokemon black and white version 2 battle with pokemon white and black (original)? I know you can trade, but can you battle across these Gen 5 games?

2. I read that there is no longer random 6v6 Wi-Fi battles. You need an FC to battle 6v6 in Wi-Fi. Are there any popular forums where people go to exchange FCs for 6v6 Wi-Fi battles?

3. What are the most popular random Wi-Fi game types?

4. I don't think anyone would know the answer to this, but how does the matchmaking in random Wi-Fi battles work? Are there "ELOs" or personal scores that match you with others? For instance, if I'm noob, would I get matched with a pro? Or does it take any statistics into consideration, such as win/loss ratio, or the like?

Thank you!

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
4 years ago#2
1) Yes. For Pokemon that are exclusive to BW2, like Black/White Kyurem and the Therian Forme kami trio, they appear as they would in BW, but still have the stats, moves, etc. of their BW2 formes.

2) GameFAQs has a battle board. Try tha.

3) Absolutely no idea.

4) As far as I know, it just matches you with anybody else wanting to battle. I don't think there's any sort of matchmaking going on.
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
i don't even gaf anymore
Team Rocket Elite 4 years ago#3
I don't know the details on the match making, but higher scoring players can be matched up with low scoring players. There is a rated mode and I think it uses ELO, but that's just for the online leaderboard it doesn't seem to be taken into account for match making.
Pokemon VGC2012 Canadian Nationals - 8th place
Pokemon VGC2013 OR Regional - 12th place

User Info: 0-172

0-172
4 years ago#4
Amy789 posted...
Hi Guiise!!

I have a some questions concerning Wi-Fi battles I was hoping to get help on:

1. Can pokemon black and white version 2 battle with pokemon white and black (original)? I know you can trade, but can you battle across these Gen 5 games?

2. I read that there is no longer random 6v6 Wi-Fi battles. You need an FC to battle 6v6 in Wi-Fi. Are there any popular forums where people go to exchange FCs for 6v6 Wi-Fi battles?

3. What are the most popular random Wi-Fi game types?

4. I don't think anyone would know the answer to this, but how does the matchmaking in random Wi-Fi battles work? Are there "ELOs" or personal scores that match you with others? For instance, if I'm noob, would I get matched with a pro? Or does it take any statistics into consideration, such as win/loss ratio, or the like?

Thank you!

4. There are two options: Free and Rating. Free is completely random, while Rating uses a rating that is based off of your record to match you with other players.
Pokemon Black 2: 5415-7721-4394 / Pokemon Black: 2021-8978-9942
3DS FC: 4811-8229-7673

User Info: Amy789

Amy789
4 years ago#5
Does the Rating mode offer 6v6 and can anyone play it?

Thanks for the replies!

User Info: Froakie

Froakie
4 years ago#6
Does the Rating mode offer 6v6 and can anyone play it?

Thanks for the replies!

Nah. And it scales to 50. Well actually, I think Triple battles use all 6. Not sure though.
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/13/134743/2409667-froakie_large.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Questions Concerning Wi-Fi Battles

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
EVs explained! PLEASE READ!jayman71286/7 11:42AM