Complete noob at the NHL games, I can't ever score.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NHL 13
  3. Complete noob at the NHL games, I can't ever score.

User Info: LazerLXXVII2

LazerLXXVII2
4 years ago#1
I'm playing online simply because sports games are usually no fun when playing against the AI. I played every single NHL game since NHL 09, but that was only casually with friends. Whenever I play online, I honestly can't seem to score for the life of me. Its always 0-1 or 0-2 with the exception of two games, but go figure the moment I am winning a game, they disconnect.

I usually play as the Red Wings, occasionally as the Hurricanes, and a few other teams, but I'd rather play with a decent team first. I know how to set up plays in hockey, I watch hockey every year (to the best of my ability with what little is shown on TV in the south), but I have no idea how to make them convert in this game. I know the basics but I truly can't make anything happen.

Another problem I have is that maybe 1/10 players I face have insane defense where I literally can't get the puck into their zone because they just spam poke checks, so I can't carry it in, I can't pass in the NZ, and I can't get close enough to dump it in. The entire game is basically me defending.

Any advice?
  1. Boards
  2. NHL 13
  3. Complete noob at the NHL games, I can't ever score.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived