Halloween is out

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: MarcioTheGreat

MarcioTheGreat
3 months ago#1
New update is out... Pretty lame really, it was glitched at launch and a lot of the craftables are old. Prize track is pretty meh too. Sigh usually Halloween is the best event, what do you guys think?
PSN: MarcioTheGreat Simpsons TO: MarcioTheGreat

User Info: Serious Cat

Serious Cat
3 months ago#2
I'm just glad there are visible tasks instead of the usual "here's an event and new characters, but can't actually use or see them until it's over." I also like that the buildings aren't obnoxiously huge.
I are Serious Cat
This is serious thread

User Info: Mike Xtreme

Mike Xtreme
3 months ago#3
Yeah I just checked out all the craftable items and it's pretty sad how many are returning items that sucked the 1st time they were released. Who's bright idea was it to make the final crafting prize werewolf Flanders?

I'm also annoyed they keep pushing this Harry Potter theme
I don't like stuff that sucks

User Info: Mighty-Oregon

Mighty-Oregon
3 months ago#4
Yeah so far very lame
Oregon Ducks, Seattle Mariners, Indianapolis Colts, Phoenix Suns, Portland Timber

User Info: desuno-to

desuno-to
3 months ago#5
I'm hating that my Kearnymon is in a weird, obscure part of town so I have to zoom around back to my THOH part of town every time I need to tap him.

On the plus side, isn't that new THOH music?

Also, I thought I saw something about squeaky voice teen, but I don't see anything in the store. Anyone see this?

User Info: MarcioTheGreat

MarcioTheGreat
3 months ago#6
Yea the squeaky voice teen is one of the glitches still

One positive is if you complete the storyline you can start earning bonuts ahead of the prize track FYI
PSN: MarcioTheGreat Simpsons TO: MarcioTheGreat

User Info: Serious Cat

Serious Cat
3 months ago#7
desuno-to posted...

Also, I thought I saw something about squeaky voice teen, but I don't see anything in the store. Anyone see this?

I actually had the option and bought him, then the dialogue box telling me my purchase was in my inventory wouldn't close. I had to restart and when I did it was auto activated. ,,,, here are some extra commas to put in the last sentence. I'm too lazy to figure out where they go.
I are Serious Cat
This is serious thread

User Info: RP_Grump

RP_Grump
3 months ago#8
Meh pretty lame for a Halloween event which are usually their best ones. Although last year's wasn't that great either. Think they're finally letting off the gas with this game and its events as I haven't been impressed with any of the last few. The one with the music festival and the digsite ones stunk. Secret Agents was pretty fun though. The craftables in this one suck if you've been a longtime player. They did what they tend to do at times and reuse a s*** ton of old items and stuff instead of making new ones. Now I'm fine with that since it gives newer players a chance to get that old stuff but don't do that and not make barely any new items for everyone else.

And this continuing trend with the holiday mystery boxes are the biggest FUs to players. I've been playing for years but the last time the Homer Kong building was for sale was like 2 Halloween events ago when there was a huge bug for many iPads that made the game completely unplayable and it was limited time in store so I couldn't get it then. It wasn't even brought back last year and this year they do what they've been doing with all old ass holiday buildings/characters and put them in those 65-70 donut event mystery boxes. There's lots of s*** in this one of stuff I never bought because I didn't want them. So it's waste donuts playing the lottery or resort to hacks.

User Info: desuno-to

desuno-to
3 months ago#9
Finally "captured" kearnymon. You basically send him back to the dungeon, and now the job has changed to "enchant". Gives a different animation while being enchanted.

So I guess one good thing about the event is the capture/enchanting thing. There's lots of animation going on (hopefully there will be a way to re-use them after the event) and the interaction when fighting with the kids is neat.

What sucks is that you need to spend doughnuts to get most of them. We also don't know if they'll have jobs after the event or they're just NPC, in which case they are waayyyyy overpriced.

User Info: liontamer

liontamer
3 months ago#10
How did you already capture him? I've only got Lisa, Bart and Milhouse working on him and I'm not even halfway there.
http://th3d4ng3rz0n3.blogspot.com/

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived