3D compatibility?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: SuperiorHominid

SuperiorHominid
4 years ago#1
I recently bought a 3DTV, and I would love to play this game in 3D. I preordered the Wii U version from Amazon (and a Wii U from Gamestop).

Does anyone know if Ubisoft ever clarified if the Wii U version will retain the 3D functionality of the 360/PS3 version?

User Info: zaakro

zaakro
4 years ago#2
I hope they do, I just bought a 3D TV as well.

User Info: Savra104

Savra104
4 years ago#3
"If you are going to connect Wii U with a home TV capable of displaying 3-D images, technologically, yes, it is going to be possible, but that's not the area we are focusing on.

When it comes to 3-D, we already have the 3DS, and each owner of the Nintendo 3DS is capable of viewing 3-D images. However, when it comes to the home console, it depends upon the availability of 3-D TV sets at home, which, unfortunately, is not expanding enough. And rather than pouring a lot of energy into that kind of area, with the Wii U we'd like to focus more on each Wii U owner being able to have an equal opportunity to enjoy it."

- http://www.giantbomb.com/news/nintendo-begrudgingly-acknowledges-wii-u-3d-support/3459/

It will be 3D capable, but they are not enforcing or supporting 3D for WiiU.

User Info: Jackalfox

Jackalfox
4 years ago#4
Savra104 posted...
"If you are going to connect Wii U with a home TV capable of displaying 3-D images, technologically, yes, it is going to be possible, but that's not the area we are focusing on.

When it comes to 3-D, we already have the 3DS, and each owner of the Nintendo 3DS is capable of viewing 3-D images. However, when it comes to the home console, it depends upon the availability of 3-D TV sets at home, which, unfortunately, is not expanding enough. And rather than pouring a lot of energy into that kind of area, with the Wii U we'd like to focus more on each Wii U owner being able to have an equal opportunity to enjoy it."

- http://www.giantbomb.com/news/nintendo-begrudgingly-acknowledges-wii-u-3d-support/3459/

It will be 3D capable, but they are not enforcing or supporting 3D for WiiU.

Didn't stop the 360 and PS3 from having 3D games. :P I'd say it just depends on if the developer wants to include 3D or not, and if they're willing to put more effort into getting it up and running.
Now Playing - Black Mesa (PC), Call of Duty: Black Ops (360)

User Info: SuperiorHominid

SuperiorHominid
4 years ago#5
the feature will be in the 360 and PS3 version, I just hope they don't take it out from this version. It is weird to look at non-3D screens with passive 3D glasses though, so looking at the gamepad screen will be slightly odd (have you ever tried looking at your cell phone screen while watching a 3D movie, the screen looks extra shiny at the edges)

User Info: zaakro

zaakro
4 years ago#6
SuperiorHominid posted...
the feature will be in the 360 and PS3 version, I just hope they don't take it out from this version. It is weird to look at non-3D screens with passive 3D glasses though, so looking at the gamepad screen will be slightly odd (have you ever tried looking at your cell phone screen while watching a 3D movie, the screen looks extra shiny at the edges)

my screen on my phone looks rainbowy. I have active 3d though and not passive.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived