want my simcity fix but not from this mess, will simcity 4 work on win7?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SimCity
  3. want my simcity fix but not from this mess, will simcity 4 work on win7?

User Info: myzz7

myzz7
4 years ago#1
gonna snag the deluxe edition off steam and those boards are dead. so im asking here before i buy
http://s10.postimage.org/mxioonsd1/gildavatar.gif
Gilda doesn't give a flying feather about what you think!

User Info: meiyuki

meiyuki
4 years ago#2
Yeah I have steam version and it works on win 7. Mods work too, though I think some of the required tools for the mods are missing now, but I didn't honestly look that hard for them.

User Info: KHWyvern

KHWyvern
4 years ago#3
meiyuki posted...
Yeah I have steam version and it works on win 7. Mods work too, though I think some of the required tools for the mods are missing now, but I didn't honestly look that hard for them.

Hope that fan site, Simopolis or whatever it's called has the deal to fix the AI, and use the factories properly since I want to get SC 4.
You come out here with your bright ass purple shirt, your green shirt, before that your orange shirt, You look like A BIG FAT BOWL OF FRUITY PEBBLES!- The Rock

User Info: TreasureHunterG

TreasureHunterG
4 years ago#4
Works very well on Windows 7 through Steam, I just had to use the "Set Launch Options" tab to make a few performance adjustments like custom resolution, skipping intro and forcing 1 core only (the game is not optimized for multi-core CPUs). In game, I set graphics to software mode, and turn shadows off. After that the game is running very smoothly.
T.H.G.

User Info: xJehodx

xJehodx
4 years ago#5
Yes it will, have fun!
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye."
PSN - Habbalah

User Info: Psythik

Psythik
4 years ago#6
It'll crash unless you add these to the target:

-EH:off -CPUCount:2 -d:Software

Also, SC5 isn't that bad if you just pretend its an MMO. I'm actually having a lot of fun building up a region with friends.
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg

User Info: StarryKnights

StarryKnights
4 years ago#7
And to explain what Psythik mentioned...

EH: Error Handling. According to some, it helps prevent crashes. I don't know if it does or not. It won't hurt, however.

CPUCount: Should be 1. SC4 is a game that only uses 1 core of a processor with multiple cores, and it tends to become very unstable if it isn't forced to use only 1 core.

d:software: This sets the game to use a software renderer, which disables graphical effects. Only use if you simply can't get the game stable with the above trick.
"If you're going to be a mod, you should work harder to get rid of your humanity. It's creepy." ~ Monker to The Paragon

User Info: Kenji Murasame

Kenji Murasame
4 years ago#8
In launch options add : "-CustomResolution:enabled -r1920x1080x32" if you want widescreen, or whatever resolution your monitor is.

User Info: thebeasle

thebeasle
4 years ago#9
hell yeah it works on Windows 7

User Info: themerchant8

themerchant8
4 years ago#10
Works fine on Win 7 for me, only tweak that I needed was the high rez tweak. Game hasn't crashed yet.

Simtropolis has pretty much every mod you could ever want.

Heads up: There are lots of mods out there that multiply the number of jobs created by all industries and commercial services, but some of them already include a fix for some places missing jobs. If you're going to use a multiplier mod, you probably wont need the fix seperately.
http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/666
Lumbini, the Birthplace of the Lord Buddha
. Mind=blown.
  1. Boards
  2. SimCity
  3. want my simcity fix but not from this mess, will simcity 4 work on win7?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived