City not sustainable!!!, Help!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SimCity
  3. City not sustainable!!!, Help!

User Info: I Like Toast

I Like Toast
4 years ago#11
you can get alloy from recycling.
http://mikelikesthis.net/
MGS 5 Officially Confirmed

User Info: boochy

boochy
4 years ago#12
At the 50th minute of every hour, bump the taxes up to 20%. Then bump them back down once the hour hits.

Rinse and repeat.
Xbox Live GT/PSN ID - Duck Tales LOL/DuckTalesLOL
Steam ID: DuckTalesLOL

User Info: kristofer777

kristofer777
4 years ago#13
If I was you shut down on fire, police health, and education and get a recycling plant since with the plant you get plastic, alloy, and metal. You can export the free metal and you get a free shipment of processors from the alloy and plastic. Also you can raise taxes to 20% for 8 in-game hours before people will start to leave to cushion your bank account to pay off those bonds, then lower your taxes to 9%. An example of this is to pause the game after midnight, raise taxes across the board to 20, then when it hits after 8am pause and lower the taxes to 9%.

User Info: Caanimal

Caanimal
4 years ago#14
I would suggest shutting down all the expensive utilities except education until you can build up a good bit of money, DO get a recycling center up and running, it won't produce oodles of material but it will speed up the process of building up some money, I suggest selling it all for a while until you have a good nest egg, once you set up the TV factory switch the plastic and alloy from the recycling center to being used locally to help w/ TV production.

User Info: Tenzhi

Tenzhi
4 years ago#15
If you finished the Electronics quest you should already be making money from exporting your processors despite the fact that your hourly income is in the red. I was at about -40,000 per hour when I finished the first part of the quest, but I was still making money. I'm currently around -60,000 per hour with that city but I'm profiting a couple million per day despite that. Of course, I also plopped a Trade HQ and got a Trade Port before I opened up the Electronics HQ which made the accumulation and disposition of resources a great deal easier.
Often, when you try too hard to act superior, the opposite occurs.
  1. Boards
  2. SimCity
  3. City not sustainable!!!, Help!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived