Is it true? I must have always on internet connection to play?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SimCity
  3. Is it true? I must have always on internet connection to play?

User Info: iwasapoetonce

iwasapoetonce
3 years ago#1
Having always on internet is not a problem. I live in the city, where broadband internet connection is no problem and relatively inexpensive. My problem is that I don't WANT to have always on internet connection to play.

My friend told me I have to be connected to the internet to play. If there is a hiccup in my internet connection, then I get kicked out.

I was considering getting this game, but if this is true, I will not play this game. Can someone clarify this for me?

Thanks guys.
I need a bit of help lads with some rushes ya know like helix rush n tech spam, do you lot know anymore?/v316/samuraifaith/mad.jpg

User Info: Winpus

Winpus
3 years ago#2
Its true. it will allow you to disconnect for approx 20 minutes while playing. If much longer than that, the game will close on you.

User Info: jayj420

jayj420
3 years ago#3
Winpus posted...
Its true. it will allow you to disconnect for approx 20 minutes while playing. If much longer than that, the game will close on you.

Really? I could have sworn that I played the game for several hours one night while the connection was lost and it never quit on me.

It seems like you need to have a connection in order to access the game, but once you're playing it you only need an internet connection to save your progress.

User Info: caffaro

caffaro
3 years ago#4
simcity is a game to relax, to play anywhere, anytime..
always on line ? - not simcity.
for the first time ever, I pass..
Gamertag & Psn Id: Caffaro
- - - > "Master System Forever !!!" < - - -
  1. Boards
  2. SimCity
  3. Is it true? I must have always on internet connection to play?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived