Does this game have 3D creating?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. LittleBigPlanet Karting
  3. Does this game have 3D creating?

User Info: Orunitia9

Orunitia9
4 years ago#1
I don't mean as in creating a 3D track. I mean can you make objects (for use as scenery outside racetracks) that aren't limited to 3 planes like in LBP2?
So you've seen around 3000 evil Muslims on Fox News? There are 1.7 billion Muslims- that's 0.000176% of total Muslims. Disagree? Then let me know.

User Info: pipo_snake_jc3

pipo_snake_jc3
4 years ago#2
Yes.
PSN: Naruga418

User Info: Orunitia9

Orunitia9
4 years ago#3
So it's presented in a way that if used in LBP2, you'd be able to make levels like Mario 64?
So you've seen around 3000 evil Muslims on Fox News? There are 1.7 billion Muslims- that's 0.000176% of total Muslims. Disagree? Then let me know.

User Info: pipo_snake_jc3

pipo_snake_jc3
4 years ago#4
Ummm pretty much, yeah. I mean you can't exactly just walk about in a custom level (not that we've found a way to do so, at least) but yes, you can recreate Mario 64 levels. Now that you mention it, it doesn't sound difficult at all. Just time-consuming.
PSN: Naruga418

User Info: Manlius10A

Manlius10A
4 years ago#5
I am actually finding the object creation to be a little lacking. It works a lot like Little Big Planet only WITHOUT a corner editor. Once you complete a 2D shape/profile you can adjust its thickness. The completed object can than be rotated in all three dimensions. You can place a lot of unique objects together with multiple rotations to make a more 3D shape. The system works but isn't that great. It is like a simple CAD program without the ability to extrude it around an axis (to make spherical shapes) or extrude following a specific path. There is also no way to tweak the size of the 2D profile as it increases in thickness (to make cone like shapes).
My Modnation Tracks: Christmas in the City, Wildcard's Stadium, Drillbit's Construction Yard, Carey's Castle, Sacred Grove, Sailor's Point City and more!!

User Info: JKiii

JKiii
4 years ago#6
Only thing you can do to make real 3D shapes like cones and such is put multiple shapes of materials onto each other. For example I made my own cone using several triangles rotated at 45 degrees followed by a circle at the cone end
Little King of LBP Level Recordings
http://www.youtube.com/user/JHKthree
  1. Boards
  2. LittleBigPlanet Karting
  3. Does this game have 3D creating?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived