'Alphabet Avenue': Race and collect 3D letter objects from A - Z

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. LittleBigPlanet Karting
  3. 'Alphabet Avenue': Race and collect 3D letter objects from A - Z

User Info: nordwest

nordwest
4 years ago#1
Good 3D letter objects are rare and tricky in LBPK, so I've just created a new stylised race track with a carefully-crafted object typeface from A- Z that you can collect by letter to use in your own creations.

'Win' to collect an exclamation mark, 'Loot' to collect a question mark, and 'Star' the track to win a grouped full alphabet set for even easier 3D wordsmithing (Simply ungroup it and use Grid Snap to copy-type the words you want)

The race is called:

Alphabet Avenue

https://karting.lbp.me/v/2x5x

PSN: nordy66

Enjoy, feel free to post links to uses you find for the letters in your LBPK tracks. It'll be interesting to see!
beep

User Info: SpacePirateKhan

SpacePirateKhan
4 years ago#2
Those look nice! I'll queue It for when I need letters and feel lazy.
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Captain Khan

User Info: AirBorneCoffeeT

AirBorneCoffeeT
4 years ago#3
Cool!
"What are you waiting for, Mr. Howel? Start talking into a fish!"
-The Skipper (Early B & W episode of Gilligan's Island)
(message deleted)

User Info: Jkool

Jkool
4 years ago#5
Tried it....loved it! Great originality & great use of props!
FORUMS: A place a person can ask a serious question & receive rude replies that have nothing to do with the question!

User Info: AirBorneCoffeeT

AirBorneCoffeeT
4 years ago#6
I got to play it. Did you use up alot of the thermometer? I'd suggest putting that circling "Alphabet Avenue" banner all over the place -- it was a really nice visual effect. Good track, too.
"What are you waiting for, Mr. Howel? Start talking into a fish!"
-The Skipper (Early B & W episode of Gilligan's Island)

User Info: nordwest

nordwest
4 years ago#7
Thanks for the plays and feedback everyone, hope you got all the letters you'd like for your own things. Look forward to seeing some uses!

Demo-ing the 3D letters all over as words, banners, abstract shapes, jumps etc did really burn up the therm (pretty much to max) so alas the letter-roadsurface section got cut shorter than I'd wanted, dropped any opening cinematic, and the 'Lap 3 detour' became simpler than planned.

Interestingly I also noticed that the type of glass / concrete (forgotten the name) road / bridge and fence combo used up lots of therm too - which I didn't expect - thus some more distant banners are 2D photos / stickers of words instead.
beep
  1. Boards
  2. LittleBigPlanet Karting
  3. 'Alphabet Avenue': Race and collect 3D letter objects from A - Z

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived