The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

"You are not signed in and will be unable to save the game." A little help?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
  3. "You are not signed in and will be unable to save the game." A little help?

User Info: ArtosRC

ArtosRC
4 years ago#1
Right. So I just bought this game during Steam's most recent weekend sale; to add insult to injury, I was unable to play because of a lack of keys. That's fine, as I had things to do.

I went to play this thing today, and I loaded it up. I was met with this statement (see topic title). I went to download the Games for Windows Live (sigh) client, as per the troubleshooting instructions on Steam, and I signed in with a Live ID. Still returns as that I cannot save, as the Steam-launched game does not register such.

I have spent the majority of the evening trying to find an answer to this- specifically, how to make my Steam game register that I am signed in to Games for Windows Live. I've come up with nothing, and I am at wit's end. Any help would, at this point, be more than I have had.

What should I be doing here? I am at a loss.
This is fact and cannot be disputed.
http://i.imgur.com/35Fmtum.gif

User Info: DoctorNeko

DoctorNeko
4 years ago#2
You must sign into GFWL to be able to save the game, but to be able to sign into GFWL, you need to have a key so that your GFWL account is registered to own the game. The key is your roadblock right now.
Now playing:
Dark Souls, NHL13, Gundam Breaker, BF3

User Info: ArtosRC

ArtosRC
4 years ago#3
I have the key from Steam. How exactly do I go about using that?

This is far more convoluted than it needs to be.
This is fact and cannot be disputed.
http://i.imgur.com/35Fmtum.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
  3. "You are not signed in and will be unable to save the game." A little help?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived