Why even have a lives system?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. New Super Mario Bros. 2
  3. Why even have a lives system?

User Info: Fusioncode99

Fusioncode99
5 years ago#1
According to IGN... http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/07/e3-2012-new-super-mario-bros-2-gets-coin-rush-campaign-co-op?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

You get a new life every 100 coins completely destroying any challenge in the game whatsoever since you can now get 30 lives in every single stage.

User Info: vital_tundra

vital_tundra
5 years ago#2
Not sure, Mario games havent really needed lives since saves were introduced
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.

User Info: hyliaman

hyliaman
5 years ago#3
Lives held significance when there was no save feature in Super Mario Bros 1-3, and Super Mario Land.

I'd rather go back to a shorter game with no save feature, but im most definitely in the minority here.
Complaints have a purpose. One voice becomes one hundred becomes one thousand. Enough common complaints among a crowd is sure to reach it's intended target.
  1. Boards
  2. New Super Mario Bros. 2
  3. Why even have a lives system?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived