Grade during Rookie Showcase

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NBA 2K13
  3. Grade during Rookie Showcase

User Info: Badudan

Badudan
4 years ago#1
Hi guys. I'm just curious about other people's grades during the Rookie Showcase. I had a B- but still ended up pick 13 of the Phoenix Suns. Although my grade sucks, I had 20 assists, 1 rebound, 0 points and 3 steals. Oh and by the way, I'm a pass-first PG.

User Info: jadakiss88

jadakiss88
4 years ago#2
For the most part you did your job as a Pass First point guard. I'm an athletic sg i don't remember my stats exactly but I finished the game with a B rating and was picked 11th by the Trailblazers. Kinda of pissed I shut down Austin Rivers but he still got picked at 10.
Now look at this, everybody talking goon talk
Like they ain't never seen somebody knock a goon off

Badudan
4 years ago#3
jadakiss88 posted...
For the most part you did your job as a Pass First point guard. I'm an athletic sg i don't remember my stats exactly but I finished the game with a B rating and was picked 11th by the Trailblazers. Kinda of pissed I shut down Austin Rivers but he still got picked at 10.

Do we even get the chance to be drafted higher than the first 10 picks? I mean, weren't those the actual picks from the draft last June? I just thought they based these picks in-game from the real draft picks. XD

User Info: Mercilus_One

Mercilus_One
4 years ago#4
I may be wrong but I believe the teammate grade affects more in this game than last years BUT it still doesn't mean a whole lot. I really believe its the stats that'll boost your stock to go higher in the draft. The highest I've heard someone went, without cheating, was 4th. I don't remember exactly what he did but that's what I saw. I think it's somewhere in this FAQ or elsewhere.
"What don't kill you, makes you stronger."

User Info: Pythonidae

Pythonidae
4 years ago#5
For some reason I always do awful at the Rookie Showcase this year.

But once I'm with my actual team I put up great numbers and get good teammate grades.

As for the Rookie showcase, I think I had like 14 pts, 4 assists, 2 rebounds, 1 block. But my shooting percentage was awful and wasn't very good on defense so that affected my teammate grade. I think I finished with a C+ or B-, as an Athletic PG.
Black FC: 3740-1920-5856

User Info: DBecks7ManU

DBecks7ManU
4 years ago#6
Yea, I was a Scoring PG and pretty much raped the game with like 20 or so points and around 13 assists with like 6-7 boards. I played most of the game so my Teammate grade was an A or A-. After the game my player got a good review and I was interviewed by the Cavs, Wizards and Kings with the 3,4, and 5 picks. I pretty much told Cavs and Wizards that I wasn't interested because they're already all set at the PG spot so the Kings drafted me at #5. I'm pretty sure your teammate grade dictates how your player is reviewed before the draft and when he gets drafted.

User Info: jadakiss88

jadakiss88
4 years ago#7
DBecks7ManU posted...
Yea, I was a Scoring PG and pretty much raped the game with like 20 or so points and around 13 assists with like 6-7 boards. I played most of the game so my Teammate grade was an A or A-. After the game my player got a good review and I was interviewed by the Cavs, Wizards and Kings with the 3,4, and 5 picks. I pretty much told Cavs and Wizards that I wasn't interested because they're already all set at the PG spot so the Kings drafted me at #5. I'm pretty sure your teammate grade dictates how your player is reviewed before the draft and when he gets drafted.

Yea I agree..I think Ronnie2k showed that you can go first overall but I don't know if that takes a perfect game or what. Davis was going on off anyways so I didn't want to mess up the game by not passing him the ball.
Now look at this, everybody talking goon talk
Like they ain't never seen somebody knock a goon off

User Info: Pythonidae

Pythonidae
4 years ago#8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChtNqJ8C6NU&feature=g-u-u

This guy shows how he got drafted number 1.

The numbers that he put up were:

35 points, 9 rebounds, 8 assists, 3 steals, only 1 turnover and 73% shooting from the field. A+ Teammate Grade rating.
Black FC: 3740-1920-5856

User Info: XavierKnight4d

XavierKnight4d
4 years ago#9
it depends on your team mate grade mostly and interview answers. ive done two showcases. the first was legit i was projected #1 but i screwed up my interview by accident so i decided to redo it. the second i saved after every letter grade increase and exited if i lost a letter grade.

first showcase
team mate grade A
35 points
9 rebounds
13 assists
5 steals

lost by one in OT
total vc earned: 455

drafted 3rd as Athletc PG

second show case

team mate grade A+
27 points
6 rebounds
12 assists
4 steals
1 block

won by a bunch
total vc earned 493

drafted #1 as athletic pg
Undead
Psn: Xavier_magnus

Badudan
4 years ago#10
Wow. Congratulations to the guys that got drafted above 5th overall. I guess I'll do the Rookie Showcase again. Good thing I didn't start my first NBA game. So then the target grade is A or A+ to get a higher draft pick. One last thing. For those who got drafted 1st-5th pick, do you get to start for your team?
  1. Boards
  2. NBA 2K13
  3. Grade during Rookie Showcase

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived