What are Kratos and Raiden's "broken" moves?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. What are Kratos and Raiden's "broken" moves?

User Info: BMSirius

BMSirius
4 years ago#11
I just tried out the Raiden combo Webs showed, and used it and other advice from Web and NewVirtue and others and just discovered at least 3 ways to combo into his Lv1 Super and 2 ways to segway into a high-AP combo. It was very easy. I understand a bit more now that he is not only deadly due to ease of use, but also how easy it is for him to kill.

Also, am I correct in understanding that Raiden's Down Throw is a unique throw that does not generate AP orbs, but as a trade-off always deals 30 AP in damage? That's crazy awesome. I wonder if any other throws have similar effects...

EDIT:: Dear lord, MMG is right about Raiden's Lv2. I never bothered pressing Circle because Square and Triangle did the same move so I assume Circle did it too, but Circle re-creates the AoE... yuck...

As for Kratos, I have lost to him many times, but I cannot recall if it was due to his Forward Square. I have used it in combat and it's basically guaranteed to connect and knock the opponent away, which is really cool, but I am not sure if it has been my own downfall in the past. Now that I've played as him I should be able to recognize that more when next I go online.

I enjoy using a large range of a character's moveset, when possible. Sure, there are always better/best moves, but the other moves can really throw people for a loop. In regards to Kratos, I like his Neutral Triangle a lot, especially to destroy ground obstacles like mines. I like to use the Forward Triangle spear charge as an alternate way to close distance over his Forward Square, and I am quite fond of his aerial cestus (Up Triangle Air). His aerial hammer (Down Triangle Air) also creates a cool fire blaze that goes forward and hits enemies. Unfortunately his Circle moveset does very little for me... his Counter doesn't combo, I haven't found a good time to use the Bow, the flash has bad lag, and I am still trying to figure out when to use Icarus Wings.
White 2 FC: 0476-5597-5681 White FC: 1764-8367-1938.
I love Legendary Pokemon!

User Info: vinz2

vinz2
4 years ago#12
i have yet to enter a game without raiden or kratos~
Trainspotting
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. What are Kratos and Raiden's "broken" moves?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived