Term help please

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Rainbowsaurus

Rainbowsaurus
4 years ago#1
Soooo...can someone define and explain these to me? I see them used a lot, but I don't quite know what they mean exactly

Crumple
Teching
(Empty) cancel
Punish
BnB
Safe

Oh, and what exactly are AP bursts?

/noobquestions
-Not changing this until Emmett Graves is finally released-
Continue?

User Info: IcyFlamez96

IcyFlamez96
4 years ago#2
Rainbowsaurus posted...

/topic
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K

User Info: blazin640

blazin640
4 years ago#3
someone procrastinated on their homework.
There goes my free time

User Info: PielordX

PielordX
4 years ago#4
Rainbow, what do you think safe means?
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass

Rainbowsaurus
4 years ago#5
I dunno...a safe move? You don't get hit? I just want some confirmation.
Continue?

User Info: holysquid

holysquid
4 years ago#6
Crumple - An attack that puts your opponent into a state where they fall onto their knees then to the ground, allowing for a follow up attack or in some cases a super.

Teching - Moving a certain direction in the air after being attacked to evade certain set ups.

(Empty) cancel - Using a special technique which allows Dante to simply end his animation frames early to allow for a follow up attack.

Punish - Attacking an opponent when you block or evade their attack or super.

BnB - (Bread n' Butter) A basic and mostly simple combo that a character should utilize often.

Safe - An attack which is in most cases very hard to punish, usually due to low recovery frames or knockback.

AP Burst - A combo that consists of attacks equaling more than 100 AP, bursting the opponent into a state of protection and awarding the combo-er 30 extra AP.
PSN: HexagonalZebra
www.livinglegacy.enjin.com

User Info: Niyel7

Niyel7
4 years ago#7
I love girl gamers

User Info: IcyFlamez96

IcyFlamez96
4 years ago#8
holysquid posted...
/topic

Pretty much this.
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K

Rainbowsaurus
4 years ago#9
holysquid posted...
Crumple - An attack that puts your opponent into a state where they fall onto their knees then to the ground, allowing for a follow up attack or in some cases a super.

Teching - Moving a certain direction in the air after being attacked to evade certain set ups.

(Empty) cancel - Using a special technique which allows Dante to simply end his animation frames early to allow for a follow up attack.

Punish - Attacking an opponent when you block or evade their attack or super.

BnB - (Bread n' Butter) A basic and mostly simple combo that a character should utilize often.

Safe - An attack which is in most cases very hard to punish, usually due to low recovery frames or knockback.

AP Burst - A combo that consists of attacks equaling more than 100 AP, bursting the opponent into a state of protection and awarding the combo-er 30 extra AP.

Thank you for a simple answer.
Continue?

User Info: Crabhammar

Crabhammar
4 years ago#10
It's all gonna be in the General FAQ :P

Crumple- An effect on a character. They spin around like a ballerina or like Ratchet when he dies, then they fall to the floor. Caused by Dante's third hit in his Neutral Square combo, E. Cole's legendary Giga Punch, etc.

Teching- Any button press that affects an action. EX: Holding down to fall faster.

Cancelling- Superjesus moves only doable by Dante. His square moves instantly "cancel" (turn into) his triangle moves, and triangle to circle.

Punish- Attacking somebody after they miss a move that leaves them vulnerable.

BnB- Bread n Buttah: your go-to combo.

(Un)safeness- How punishable a move is.

AP burst- Any combo that exceeds 100 AP throws the victim away to safety at a 45 degree angle and gives the AP burster a nice 30 AP for their trouble. Henceforth, the goal is to get to 100 AP for that delicious AP bonus.

EDIT: Damnit, ninjad.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived