Parappa boombox glitch?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: red_latias77

red_latias77
4 years ago#1
so I was just playing an online match on the San Francisco as Parappa, and somehow I used my boombox so that it got stuck *inside* the platform on the left, and it just went crazy, giving lots of AP, and I got my level 3 in like 5 seconds.

then I noticed that my partner had quit (they had the red bars before I got my level 3 and then I got a host DC) so I thought it was lag, but I tried it in training mode and it still worked (but went away after about a second, but it still took me to level 1...)

could someone else test this to see if it works? o_o
PSASBR: Fat Princess, Toro

User Info: J_Dawg_

J_Dawg_
4 years ago#2
Where exactly did you place the boombox?
Sly should be made trash tier cause raccoons like to rummage through trash. - jump__0
PSN: Mooglebane | PSASBR: Jak, Ratchet, Kat

red_latias77
4 years ago#3
J_Dawg_ posted...
Where exactly did you place the boombox?

I pressed down+Circle just below the platform, so when Parappa jumps up slightly during the animation, it lands right in the middle and gets stuck.

I just tested it on Black Rock Stadium and it worked there too, so it probably works for all platforms.

User Info: Retroxgamer0

Retroxgamer0
4 years ago#4
lol you just gotta believe! * hacks *
(message deleted)

Retroxgamer0
4 years ago#6
ok i just did it on san francisco i see what youre talking about. if you jump into the paltform and lay it, it gets stuck in it and just shoots out a crapload of AP orbs LOL

red_latias77
4 years ago#7
Retroxgamer0 posted...
ok i just did it on san francisco i see what youre talking about. if you jump into the paltform and lay it, it gets stuck in it and just shoots out a crapload of AP orbs LOL

yeah, it's quite hard to pull off though, and I think it only works on floating platforms.

but I just found an easier way to do it - at the top of Alden's tower, run and jump (a full jump) towards the platform in the middle, and then use it there. I just did it about 4 times in a row in an online match using that (and gave a Kat her level 2...)

It only seems to stay stuck for a second or 2 though, it staying there for longer must've been lag.

Retroxgamer0
4 years ago#8
yeah it takes a few tries to lay it into the platform but if you do, it spits out a lot of orbs

Retroxgamer0
4 years ago#9
er yeah its definately easier on san francisco than black rock stadium. i only managed it there once. the platforms too thin. i assume it would work best the thicker the platform.

Retroxgamer0
4 years ago#10
omg you werent kidding its ridiculously spammable/easy at aldens tower 0.0

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived