Why do you main who you main?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. Why do you main who you main?

User Info: tyk0riental

tyk0riental
4 years ago#1
I'm fairly new to this board and after seeing so many different people, I've seen a lot of personalities and preferences, and I think that's pretty cool cat.

Henceforth, I wanted to ask a pretty basic question to all these people. Why do you main who you main?

And I hope this doesn't fall under the category of those annoying posts that have been showing up, but I really don't think it does. Feel free to perspirate justice as you see fit, though, mods.

Personally, the Sly Cooper series is how I first got in Sony/ Playstation (had been a Nintendo lad) when my older cousin showed and proclaimed "yo hah yo head of this Sly Cooer gme", and I was like "lolno" and he was like "das wh i tell u get ps2 not dose Nintendo gams y no listen u cm to m house u cn play ps too".

And so when I heard they were having a Playstation mascot fighter, I just instantly bro'd up with Sly.

Plus, I really like the slow techniques, tricks, avoiding conflict and mind games kind of playstyle in games because I honestly have painfully abbhorent speed and accuracy in my movement. In fighters, in shooters, anything. Though Sly definitely works with fast movements and reactions, I feel he's easier to handle for some reason. And I am absolutely horrible at combos, and Sly doesn't really require lightning fast combos and chains of hits to work well. Just a few nice and slow techniques and tricks.
Visit http://humerussness.blogspot.com for very good time in promiscuous Vietnamese teenage girl voice!
PSN: tyk1337, playing online: PSASBR, BF3, ME3, UC3.

User Info: ZavalsBiz

ZavalsBiz
4 years ago#2
He's good-lookin'.
You know you're jealous I get this and you don't,
http://i.imgur.com/Itslong.jpg

User Info: TheJButton

TheJButton
4 years ago#3
Going into PSAS back in November I had decided to main Raiden, Sweet, & Sir Dan. Unfortunately, they were the only games I had played at that point.

The meta-game convinced me otherwise...

Raiden=Confirm and as I started to platform confirm, winning seemed inevitable after the patch.
Sweet and Dan weren't played too much because I wanted to play the entire cast.

I switch mains often from week to week or month. Usually my decision is based on the characters others choose so that I can at least compete.

Currently: Nariko & Sackboy
Truth does not matter if you do nothing with it and even then we know nothing as we cannot know with certainty.

User Info: Rainbowsaurus

Rainbowsaurus
4 years ago#4
Ape Escape was one of the first games I ever played, and the series is definitely one of my favorites. I'm not really good with Spike, but I still use him just because I like his series.
and he's is delicious shota

As for my secondary, tertiary, and uh...quaternary mains.
2. Fat Princess was a fun game and she's fun to play
3. Finally tried a demo of Starhawk. Awesome game, and Emmett is one of the few gun-reliant characters I'm actually decent with
4. Not good with Heihachi, but I use him a bit because he's a pretty different character. And taunts.
Full of bits!
http://i.imgur.com/MBfzfAR.png

User Info: TheConduitGene

TheConduitGene
4 years ago#5
Well im a fan of the inFAMOUS series so naturally I'd pick Cole over any of the other characters and I always preferred playing as Good Karma Cole in inFAMOUS which is why I chose G.Cole over Evil.
He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us.

User Info: LightEcoSage

LightEcoSage
4 years ago#6
TheConduitGene posted...
Well im a fan of the Jak series so naturally I'd pick Jak over any of the other characters.

I edited this to my relevance.
Simply amazing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbJHIH9qOkg

User Info: crash-b-fan-23

crash-b-fan-23
4 years ago#7
Sackboy due to me being a fan of LBP back in the day. Now that I hate anything and everything about LittleBigPlanet, sackboy is pretty much a PSAS character to me now moreso than LBP.
[PSN]:crashbfan23
www.twitch.tv/crashbfan

User Info: RealSlyCooper

RealSlyCooper
4 years ago#8
Because the Sly games were my favorite and I've beaten all of them on PS2 and PS3.
I haven't stolen anything... Yet!

User Info: ZavalsBiz

ZavalsBiz
4 years ago#9
crash-b-fan-23 posted...
Sackboy due to me being a fan of LBP back in the day. Now that I hate anything and everything about LittleBigPlanet, sackboy is pretty much a PSAS character to me now moreso than LBP.

Why do ya hate LBP?
You know you're jealous I get this and you don't,
http://i.imgur.com/Itslong.jpg

User Info: DrunkenMegaman

DrunkenMegaman
4 years ago#10
I main Parappa because I love his games.

ZavalsBiz posted...
crash-b-fan-23 posted...

Why do ya hate LBP?

I think it has something to do with the community. He hates the LBP community immensely.

Might be more than that though.
XBL gamertag: DrunkenMegaman/PSN: NomadicDemon54
-Rob: "How's it feel to win, Joe?" -Chicken Joe: "I won?"
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. Why do you main who you main?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived