RIP this game.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: FunSizedRidley

FunSizedRidley
3 months ago#1
Ah memories. s***posting here among such memorable trolls as BigKhan, rumbalumba, and SuperMooRio, weathering the 2Cole fallout, typing Donte so much that autocorrect stopped recognizing it, reading endless WHERE CRASH WHERE SPYRO threads...

That's not even talking about the game. Fun as hell but wow was it jank. So many threads about how Radec was overpowered then he sank like a stone, Raiden's reign of terror, the Drake Loops, and the meteoric rise and fall of Isaac as he went from the gunlooping monster to an ineffectual babby with paper mines.

All that hope for a great roster flushed down the drain with that one leak, and the desperate fake leaks just to pretend we got something, anything. The game died when Santa Monica broke the long period of radio silence just to put out a patch that f***ed more things that it fixed. Then they cancelled Dart and Abe and blamed us for not buying the characters they gave out for free. And Zeus. Screw you Santa Monica.

Some of the most fun I ever had on GameFAQs I had on this board. Smash has nothing on this wild ride of a pre-release cycle.

/blogFAQs
Ayyy

User Info: Chipmunk_Sniper

Chipmunk_Sniper
3 months ago#2
*Presses F to pay respects*

I never included myself in all of the s***posting but I remember reading all the posts way back then and thoroughly enjoying this game. Hopefully we get a successor or sequel to this game.
PSN- ReVeR_364
I like shooting at stuff

User Info: SSBR10

SSBR10
3 months ago#3
Chipmunk_Sniper posted...

I never included myself in all of the s***posting but I remember reading all the posts way back then and thoroughly enjoying this game. Hopefully we get a successor or sequel to this game.

Yeah I hope so too. According to the latest rumor, they're suppose to be revealing it in October.
Crossovers I want: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale 2, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom, Mortal Kombat vs. Killer Instinct, and Tekken vs. Dead or Alive/Virtua Fighter

FunSizedRidley
3 months ago#4
SSBR10 posted...

Yeah I hope so too. According to the latest rumor, they're suppose to be revealing it in October.

Geez how many rumoured sequels have there been? It's like every E3 we're supposed to be getting one.
Apparently everybody's alt

SSBR10
3 months ago#5
FunSizedRidley posted...
SSBR10 posted...

Geez how many rumoured sequels have there been? It's like every E3 we're supposed to be getting one.

Yeah but one of the rumors from months ago mentioned that Sony was renewing the trademark, which actually just happened recently:

https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/386793306

Then there was another rumor that Sony was going to reveal a sequel/successor in October and that was right before the news about Sony holding a Paris Gaming Conference that same month.

Though I'm still not 100% convinced until I see the game itself, I say that along with the fact that Sony admitted to holding off a lot of their first-party announcement from E3, is a good enough reason to still be on the lookout for something just in case.
Crossovers I want: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale 2, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom, Mortal Kombat vs. Killer Instinct, and Tekken vs. Dead or Alive/Virtua Fighter

FunSizedRidley
3 months ago#6
SSBR10 posted...
FunSizedRidley posted...
SSBR10 posted...

Yeah but one of the rumors from months ago mentioned that Sony was renewing the trademark, which actually just happened recently:

Then there was another rumor that Sony was going to reveal a sequel/successor in October and that was right before the news about Sony holding a Paris Gaming Conference that same month.

Though I'm still not 100% convinced until I see the game itself, I say that along with the fact that Sony admitted to holding off a lot of their first-party announcement from E3, is a good enough reason to still be on the lookout for something just in case.

It's an automatic renewal. Happens all the time, they just keep it in their back pocket in case they want to do anything with it in the future or whatever.
Apparently everybody's alt

SSBR10
3 months ago#7
FunSizedRidley posted...
SSBR10 posted...
FunSizedRidley posted...
SSBR10 posted...

It's an automatic renewal. Happens all the time, they just keep it in their back pocket in case they want to do anything with it in the future or whatever.

But the thing is, how did this person know that? That really doesn't sound like something they can just guess up, unless it happened a whole year after they said that or something.

It's fair to assume that these people do know something. How much they know, I can't say.

User Info: gba1989

gba1989
3 months ago#8
It kinda sucks that they didn't include Crash. a******s.

What about Lara Croft? What about MGS Snake? Can we even have those Sony's FF characters in this game? Parasite Eve. RE. List goes on and on......so cray.
HR is hardly a measure of skill, just a measure of time spent - Ktimleck

User Info: lipo

lipo
3 months ago#9
gba1989 posted...
It kinda sucks that they didn't include Crash. a******s.

What about Lara Croft? What about MGS Snake? Can we even have those Sony's FF characters in this game? Parasite Eve. RE. List goes on and on......so cray.

They didn't include Crash because his rights were owned by Activision, also more characters were going to be released but Sony interrupted DLC support.

User Info: RichOpal

RichOpal
2 months ago#10
live.
ORE NO
STANDO DA

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived