Whats The Best Assault Rifle ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Whats The Best Assault Rifle ?

User Info: Nile_Water

Nile_Water
5 years ago#1
Hello everybody.

I would like to know what you think is the best Assault Rifle in Black Ops 2 ? and give your reason why aswell please.

Thanks in Advace folks,i'll be back soon to check it out.

Nile_Water
My Friends---Flak 88---Sturm_Gewehr---Dimitri_Pushkin---Chompa Loompa

User Info: FS_HUNK

FS_HUNK
5 years ago#2
The best one is the one you are most profficient with. On COD Black Ops 1, I used the M16, far from the best, but rocked a 2.64 K/D and 20k kills with it.
Whatever works for you man, honestly.
"The butt kill is instant and if anything that should be removed." - Klobzi
PSN: WickedMeditation

User Info: Devil_Killer_JC

Devil_Killer_JC
5 years ago#3
There isn't a best AR. It's all up to what you like, or what works for you anyways. That being said, I can give some suggestions. The M8A1, FAL, SMR, SCAR-H and AN-94 are all reliable weapons at most ranges (just don't expect them to beat SMGs in CQC, cuz it won't happen most of the time).

The FAL and SMR require a somewhat fast trigger finger for close quarters, but at mid and long range, they are nasty even with a mediocre trigger finger.

The SCAR-H and AN-94 are high damage ARs with a low fire rate, but the recoil isn't too shabby, so you can pick off guys at a good distance with them. Just stay out of CQC for the best effect. Be sure to burst fire the AN-94 btw, as it does have that little feature where its first 2 shots are fired faster than the normal fire rate.

Then there is the M8A1, which is a monster of a rifle with the select fire attachment, and it's a reliable burst rifle too (thanks to it firing 4 round bursts at a good fire rate). The recoil is pretty low too.
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com

User Info: HwoarangExpert1

HwoarangExpert1
5 years ago#4
The FAL with select fire works for me
PSN - Ziaro_7

User Info: kamehamehagoku1

kamehamehagoku1
5 years ago#5
The FAL has the Highest damage percentage per bullet per second than any other assault rifle. Also just a hint if you use the FAL with select fire this gun is so powerful it is crazy.

User Info: Nile_Water

Nile_Water
5 years ago#6
Thanks.

I have been using the MTAR up to now,i started off great with it,but since i unlocked the Target Finder attachment i find it difficult.even after going back to previously unlocked attachments i can't use it no more.so i have to do something about it.

I tried the Type 25 and got shot in the face a lot before i could land a kill,so i dont like that one,(i can take a hint) lol.

I guess i will try the ones you suggested and let you know what i think.

Anyone know how many kills are needed to unlock Select Fire on the burst and semi's ? that would be great.

Thankyou
My Friends---Flak 88---Sturm_Gewehr---Dimitri_Pushkin---Chompa Loompa

User Info: Zblueshell14

Zblueshell14
5 years ago#7
The only AR I don't like it the Mtar. Every other one is great.
Next Day One Buys - Bioshock Infinite, GTA5, and The Last of Us

User Info: fdofhsaiuhshgiu

fdofhsaiuhshgiu
5 years ago#8
Lol. I hate the MTAR. I've been meaning to try the FAL + Select fire.
PSN: fdofhsaiuhshgiu
''I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.''

User Info: Merc001

Merc001
5 years ago#9
I find the MTAR is a good balanced entry level AR, the SWAT 556 is excellent for maps where long range is a factor. FAL makes a great Designated marksman weapon.

My favorite all around AR is the M27, I quit using the MTAR once I unlock this weapon.

SCAR is powerful but it has kick so it is recommended that you equip the foregrip attachment.

User Info: Zblueshell14

Zblueshell14
5 years ago#10
Zblueshell14 posted...
The only AR I don't like is the Mtar. Every other one is great.
Next Day One Buys - Bioshock Infinite, GTA5, and The Last of Us
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Whats The Best Assault Rifle ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived