The disk and my ps3 gets very hot after playing for 3 hours is that normal??

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. The disk and my ps3 gets very hot after playing for 3 hours is that normal??

User Info: Foxclaws

Foxclaws
2 years ago#1
Hello everyone this has happened to me every time I play online. my vents are clean my room.is cool but they gets very hot is this something to worry about or is it normal?
I'm not okay I'm crazy!!!!

User Info: 76Thanos

76Thanos
2 years ago#2
Yes it is especially if the room is already hot. I prop it up by putting a few games under it on either end so its base is not too close to the surface. seems to help. When it gets too hot you might get freezing issues or burn it out if its old. I would recommend shutting it off every 3-4 hours for a half hour at least to cool it down.

User Info: jamieeng

jamieeng
2 years ago#3
My PS3 always gets hot and I only use it once every week or two, but I have had it over 5 years and it is fine so yours should be too.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. The disk and my ps3 gets very hot after playing for 3 hours is that normal??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived