Pro Tip for no perk/no attachment challenges

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Pro Tip for no perk/no attachment challenges

User Info: Rapaleeman

Rapaleeman
5 years ago#1
So I have been doing some of the challenges for camos and came across the no perks/no attachments ones for Cherry Blossom and Art of War.

Everyone know to stack these and essentially just do them at the same time to minimize the time it takes but I was looking for a way to make it easier. Using no perks or attachments on some of the poopier weapons puts you at a major disadvantage.

After screwing around with some setups I found that Tactician was a must. You get up to 4 tactical grenades. I've seen tips before where people run shock charges and stuns so this tip isn't new. This worked ok but I found the sensor grenades to be really valuable for those close range weapons.

Using shock charges in combination with the sensor grenades made life a lot easier when using the KSG and the Executioner. It makes it easier to plan out how you are going to take or attack an area as you get a mini-VTOL wherever you chuck the grenade.

Another minor tip is to stack weapons. I found doing a primary and secondary weapon with no perk/no attachments at the same time went really well. Especially for the shotguns and I'm assuming this would work well for a pistol and a sniper as well.

Hope this helps. 150 no perk kills with the Executioner is turning out to be pretty painless with this method. I played three KC matches last night and am already at around 48 for each. Just cherry pick your maps and matchups to play to the strength of the weapon.

As a note: I typically play solo so playing with a good team that is UAV spamming may make it easier but I don't like rely on randoms to play well. Another note is that even throwing one of these in a room where you know a guy is in there will result in an arrow popping showing where he is looking. This method would work well with a knife only set up.
"Cover your receptors Perceptor."
Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

User Info: darkshadowmaster

darkshadowmaster
5 years ago#2
HC FFA and HC TDM make these challenges a breeze.
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

Rapaleeman
5 years ago#3
darkshadowmaster posted...
HC FFA and HC TDM make these challenges a breeze.

I like to have fun when playing a game and the people that play HC are usually either super campy or just spray and pray with an SMG. If I'm going to die cheap deaths, I'd rather have a chance to absorb some damage rather than just dropping dead from a camper.

To each their own but even in core, these are pretty easy for the weapons I actually want to get gold though 150 pistol kills with no perks/attachments is a little insane when the shotguns are only 50.

User Info: darkshadowmaster

darkshadowmaster
5 years ago#4
If we were talking MW3 then I would agree about HC being incredibly campy. However I don't know if it's just the UAV spam in this game but you don't find many campers in HC from my experience. But what you do find is a bunch of target finders.

I do get what you are saying though, but no matter what way you slice it there is nothing fun about getting 150 kill with no attachments and perks for me so I like to just get it done quickly which HC seems to do. I have yet to have that portion take a little more than an hr when I just do them both in HC FFA.
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

Rapaleeman
5 years ago#5
@darkshadowmaster

You be lucky. I seem to constantly get paired in HC TDM or HC CTF with clans that camp a section of the map and then send on guy out with a suppressed SMG to hip fire and screw the spawns up even more. I don't rely on team mate UAVs and mine typically get shot down immediately in HC. Not a fan of FFA but that is personal preference.

I was literally just screwing around and pulled those 48 kills with the Executioner over 3 matches of KC last night in different lobbies playing solo. Took less than 20 minutes and I found the sensor grenades to be oddly useful. I thought they were going to be garbage but since they pop a real time arrow and motion tracking within range for a good 15 seconds I found them invaluable.

Got me two bloodthirsty medals too though I kept running out of ammo. Stupid that you only get 20 rounds for a weapon that is so inconsistent. Can't wait to blow through the rest of challenges with scavenger and fast mags. I did them the night before just for fun but since I hadn't gotten the last headshot for the camo unlock they didn't track.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Pro Tip for no perk/no attachment challenges

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived