Quick question regarding VSAT and EMP

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Quick question regarding VSAT and EMP

User Info: duddddeeeeee16

duddddeeeeee16
4 years ago#1
I've been running higher-level scorestreaks lately (anything from Orbital VSAT to VTOL Gunship for kicks) and it's been a ton of fun. I don't get the whole streak every game, but the adrenaline rush is worth waiting a game or two to get it.

Anyway, I've also heard a lot about lining up VSAT, EMP and Swarm. Maybe I'm not entirely aware of how assists work with the EMP, but how is this setup for anyone who has seen/used it? The best I've seen is probably VSAT, Warthog and Swarm.

Any input? Once again, this isn't a bragging topic by any means. To be honest, I think people are simply too intimidated by the higher scorestreaks.
You're awesome. Yes, you. I don't care what you've done or what you've said to people. You're awesome. God thinks so too.
Hebrews 12:11-13

User Info: DiagnosisNinja

DiagnosisNinja
4 years ago#2
Probably VSAT and EMP Assists. An EMP Assist is +50, if you didn't know.
X360 GT: Diagnosis Ninja. Play BF3; Castlevania HD, Mass Effect 3.
UK players unite!

duddddeeeeee16
4 years ago#3
DiagnosisNinja posted...

Oh shoot, I actually was not aware of that. I seriously might have to give this setup a shot then (once I unlock the damn streaks again -- oh how I loathe the unlock system.)

Do you happen to know how long the EMP stays up for? Also, do the VSAT and EMP assist points stack?
You're awesome. Yes, you. I don't care what you've done or what you've said to people. You're awesome. God thinks so too.

User Info: AngelicTouch99

AngelicTouch99
4 years ago#4
Good luck with that. I dont use Swarm but I occasionally use VSAT -> EMP and probably over half of the time the lobby ends because people quit.

User Info: bbert901

bbert901
4 years ago#5
man i cant even get an orbital vsat lol. i can't get enough of the death machine so far though, and i play a lot of multi team and hardpoint so the death machine helps win a lot of games. i tried uav death machine orbital vsat but i don't think i ever got the orbital vsat so i switched it to counter uav.

any tips for racking up points to get the orbital vsat? once i get that i feel like it'll be the perfect gateway to the higher killstreaks. i don't know how people like you get orbital vsats and vtol warships every game or every few games. crazy haha.
http://i.imgur.com/OFUbs.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Gzd6P.jpg

duddddeeeeee16
4 years ago#6
bbert901 posted...
man i cant even get an orbital vsat lol. i can't get enough of the death machine so far though, and i play a lot of multi team and hardpoint so the death machine helps win a lot of games. i tried uav death machine orbital vsat but i don't think i ever got the orbital vsat so i switched it to counter uav.

any tips for racking up points to get the orbital vsat? once i get that i feel like it'll be the perfect gateway to the higher killstreaks. i don't know how people like you get orbital vsats and vtol warships every game or every few games. crazy haha.

Honestly, just start throwing it on your classes. My KD was at about 1.45 when I started trying to get Warthogs, and now it's at about 1.75. Like I said before, I'm not exactly the greatest player either.

I think playing with higher streaks teaches you to play more conservatively. This doesn't mean simply camping and completely ruining the game for your team. It means choosing your fights and controlling the traffic of the map as much as possible. I've noticed I get careless with small-reward streaks, whereas I play much better wen using the higher ones.

Also, I use Ghost and a silencer and constantly sprint around the outside of the map. Not only does this stop the other team from getting a decent foothold, but it helps my team spend more time near the objective.

User Info: supercoolisaac

supercoolisaac
4 years ago#7
DiagnosisNinja posted...

That is completely wrong. You get EMP assists like you would for uav/cuav/vsat. Every kill while it's up is 10 points. And you get points for the air support it destroys when you call it in.
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac

User Info: bbert901

bbert901
4 years ago#8
yeah i think my k/d is about 1.1 right now. it was over 2 in mw3. my biggest problem is i'm really struggling to settle in to a class setup that i like. well i also just need more time and practice on all the maps, i have about 1 day 14 hours, if i remember correctly. but i can't figure out which guns i like, and my aim has been poor the last few times i played. it gets pretty frustrating sometimes.

i played pretty well with the m27 tonight and really like it. my aim felt great. but i was using a red dot sight, fast mag, and quickdraw handle, so i obviously didn't have room for a silencer, which i agree would make a big difference and would be nice to have. any suggestions there? i like smgs too.

do you think it would be a good idea to try maybe uav, vsat, and then a third higher killstreak? just so i don't cripple myself and i still help the team if i don't get a vsat all game. i like your thinking about playing more conservatively. i try to be cautious and stay to areas that cater to my guns and playstyle but sometimes i get carried away, except i get overwhelmed because i want to run around like a crazy person like i did in mw3 and that just simply can't happen for me at this point in blops 2.

thanks for your help and good luck with your killstreak setups. wish i could help you there, but like i said i am still working my way up through the ranks! lol
http://i.imgur.com/OFUbs.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Gzd6P.jpg

duddddeeeeee16
4 years ago#9
bbert901 posted...
yeah i think my k/d is about 1.1 right now. it was over 2 in mw3. my biggest problem is i'm really struggling to settle in to a class setup that i like. well i also just need more time and practice on all the maps, i have about 1 day 14 hours, if i remember correctly. but i can't figure out which guns i like, and my aim has been poor the last few times i played. it gets pretty frustrating sometimes.

i played pretty well with the m27 tonight and really like it. my aim felt great. but i was using a red dot sight, fast mag, and quickdraw handle, so i obviously didn't have room for a silencer, which i agree would make a big difference and would be nice to have. any suggestions there? i like smgs too.

do you think it would be a good idea to try maybe uav, vsat, and then a third higher killstreak? just so i don't cripple myself and i still help the team if i don't get a vsat all game. i like your thinking about playing more conservatively. i try to be cautious and stay to areas that cater to my guns and playstyle but sometimes i get carried away, except i get overwhelmed because i want to run around like a crazy person like i did in mw3 and that just simply can't happen for me at this point in blops 2.

thanks for your help and good luck with your killstreak setups. wish i could help you there, but like i said i am still working my way up through the ranks! lol

You make a good point with the UAV. I went balls to the wall and set my streak up with VSAT at the lowest, but I don't see why having UAV would hurt, at least not at the beginning. The reason I say to leave it off though is because you get used to reaching the VSAT without any help (since it is the starting point for higher streaks, IMO).

The only other advice I'd say is to find what weapons/equipment work best for you. Don't listen to the people on these boards. While they're right about the best weapons "statistically," that doesn't mean it works best for you. If you love the M27 (it's my favorite with quickdraw and stock) stick with it.

Other than that, just don't be afraid to play badly while you figure everything out. KD isn't everything. And if you get frustrated, throw on some lower streaks so you still have fun. You'll never get the higher streaks if it becomes like a chore.

User Info: kasbian

kasbian
4 years ago#10
bbert901 posted...

Id really advise just going for it. I barely got stealth choppers for ages with a KD of around 1.3, then towards level 54 of prestige 1 i went for it and put on VSAT warthog loadstar, and i got it after 2 games and have such a good game. When i was 55 i went for Vsat dogs swarms just to try, and once i got to VSAT it wasnt hard to get and i finished the streak and decimated. Now my KD has risen to 1.54, i dont get the high streaks every game but when i do it overweighs the average i have between them.

VSAT is amazing as once you get it not only do you get assist points but knowing where everyone is facing makes it pretty easy to just flank people to get to your other streaks.
Not changing till Manchester United win the Superbowl
Started 15/11/12
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Quick question regarding VSAT and EMP

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived