I'm honestly surprised at how nerfed the knife is in this game.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. I'm honestly surprised at how nerfed the knife is in this game.

User Info: aheroafake

aheroafake
4 years ago#11
ih0tfirei posted...
It was nerfed to much. It's gotten to the point that the knife button doesnt exist to me.

This. Whenever I get into a CQC scuffle, and I have no option but to attempt a melee kill, I am immensely surprised if I come out as the victor.
"ZOMG YOUR RADAR IS OUT LOLZ I SWEAR IM NOT 5 FT AWAY" - FFrulz2000 on Scrambler Perk
Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man

User Info: forgotten0285

forgotten0285
4 years ago#12
knife isnt nerfed. its just tiered.

panic knife - worthless
ballistic knife - average
tactical knife - pretty decent lunge
naked knife - broken as ever
not changing my sig until Shenmue 3 is officially announced.

User Info: fueled-system

fueled-system
4 years ago#13
aheroafake posted...
ih0tfirei posted...
It was nerfed to much. It's gotten to the point that the knife button doesnt exist to me.

This. Whenever I get into a CQC scuffle, and I have no option but to attempt a melee kill, I am immensely surprised if I come out as the victor.

Good, this game should be more gun on gun and not just panic knifing(which I admit I did ALOT)

EDIT: People hate Battlefield 3 but the knife system there was near perfect(sneak attack instant kill, regular attack takes multiple hits)

User Info: thousandinone

thousandinone
4 years ago#14
It's pretty sad when circling a knifer and noscoping him with a sniper rifle has good odds of ending in your favor >.<
Worst thing about grammar police: They're cannibals. If one makes a single typo or error while 'critiquing' someone, they will be EVISCERATED by their fellows.

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
4 years ago#15
forgotten0285 posted...
knife isnt nerfed. its just tiered.

panic knife - worthless
ballistic knife - average
tactical knife - pretty decent lunge
naked knife - broken as ever

The ballistic knife actually has a longer lunge than the regular combat knife.
XBL GT= illidan z
http://www.youtube.com/user/illidanz

User Info: imthestuntman

imthestuntman
4 years ago#16
only problem i have is they appear to have given the combat shield the same hit detection as a non held knife, but requiring twice the damage to kill while making you slower...

User Info: CallMeSeeker

CallMeSeeker
4 years ago#17
I am also pleasantly surprised.
i5-2500k @ 4.6GHz || Biostar TZ77B || Sapphire 6950 || Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ 1600MHz || Crucial M4 128GB || Spinpoint F3 1TB

User Info: fallenKlNG

fallenKlNG
4 years ago#18
I was pretty surprised too. I completely gave up on knifing someone, even if they're not looking. One tiny little step away and the knife will miss.

I remember I was playing in Yemen, and I was in a building looking outside for the enemy UAV so I could shoot it down with my launcher. I hear not one, but two knifing noises coming from behind me. I didn't have my launcher out just yet, so I quickly turn around and I see an enemy with a gun who failed to knife me because I just barely stepped away. Keep in mind I had no idea he was behind me. So I shoot and kill him because he's still finishing the knifing animation. I actually felt kinda sorry for the guy. Next time, he'll know better than to knife someone instead of using a gun.
Wait I got it! Super Mario 3D Land will be in California and Super Mario 3D World will be in Florida. Zing! ~AloofGuyXXVII

User Info: aheroafake

aheroafake
4 years ago#19
And if anyone is wondering, before BO2, I wasn't really much of a knife user. In this game, I swear a butter knife would be more deadly than the melee knife.
"ZOMG YOUR RADAR IS OUT LOLZ I SWEAR IM NOT 5 FT AWAY" - FFrulz2000 on Scrambler Perk
Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man

User Info: FeelMyBlade

FeelMyBlade
4 years ago#20
The way it should be.
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-42
I reward Cool users with a Cool Prize. Given:15
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. I'm honestly surprised at how nerfed the knife is in this game.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived