How do you define a "Tryhard" ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. How do you define a "Tryhard" ?

User Info: ArcXenos

ArcXenos
4 years ago#1
As in "I try hard to win because I use anything but the sniper rifle" , or so I think.

Seriously , SND contains the community's worst. I got called a tryhard because I didn't want to use a sniper rifle to partake in a little "set-up" session where they try to do some stupid trick involving spins while missing every shot, presumably for a youtube video.

Incidentally, wouldn't it to take more effort to actually spin around and hope that aim assist grants you magical powers (which rarely happens) than to aim, shoot and kill ? That is the part that I do not comprehend.
Anything developed by Hammerpoint interactive = NEVER BUY

User Info: Slimshadyfan45

Slimshadyfan45
4 years ago#2
Someone who drop shots you when you're not looking at them

User Info: Akiba69

Akiba69
4 years ago#3
To me, a try hard is someone who removes the fun of a game just for a win by resorting to pathetic tactics such as dashboarding or disconnecting themself from the internet to not get a loss.

User Info: Stormkid5

Stormkid5
4 years ago#4
Basically it's playing the game in a manner in which you win. That's "being a try hard". It's a pathetic thing to call a person
//NVBM//
Everything above is opinion unless otherwise stated as fact

User Info: motoraptor

motoraptor
4 years ago#5
Like the term 'hipster' everyone has a slightly different definition. Hipsters write plays on a mac in a Starbucks? No, my mom does that now. I think people just call you a tryhard in rage in the same fashion as calling someone a noob.
http://i55.tinypic.com/2a9ntxe.jpg

User Info: DirrtyRockstarr

DirrtyRockstarr
4 years ago#6
ArcXenos posted...
I got called a tryhard because I didn't want to use a sniper rifle to partake in a little "set-up" session where they try to do some stupid trick involving spins while missing every shot, presumably for a youtube video.

Reminds me of this time in MW2, where I got a whole lobby of quick-scopers mad as hell because I was rocking it out with my P90 Extended mags and actually playing the game-type (it was SnD too) the way it is supposed to be.

And the way I see it, try-hards are those players who use the most overused/overpowered set ups, drop shot ALL THE TIME and yet still manage to suck.
It doesn't make me unfaithful, unless I'm laying down the cable...

User Info: matrix0523

matrix0523
4 years ago#7
To me, a fail try hard is someone who removes the fun of a game just for a win by resorting to pathetic tactics such as dashboarding or disconnecting themself from the internet to not get a loss.

Fix'd.

A tryhard is someone who produces an inhumane amount of sweat while playing. These people tend to care way too much about the game and for the most part they usually only have about 1.7 KDs. Strange, isn't it? With the amount of sweat these losers produce you would think they can at least maintain a 2 KD, right? This isn't the case because they tend to overrate themselves and rush into situations they believe they can handle while in all actuality they cannot.

They usually don't wear shirts while playing, because they would need to change after every match. They tend to stay away from TDM, CTF, and SnD, because they can't (attempt to) acquire 100+ games in these gametypes. IRL they tend to wear the same pair of shoes 3 days in a row.

That pretty much sums it up.
GT: Chauvanistic - Only good player on gamefaqs - UMvC3 - Wesker - Doom - Strider - P4A - Teddie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7-8Q2kTe4 - 2:50

User Info: Cosmic_Diabetic

Cosmic_Diabetic
4 years ago#8
someone who did exactly what you wanted to do only they had the finesse to do it and so you have to resort to talking trash because people can't admit that maybe they just suck...
The bears can smell the menstruation

User Info: SeiferFC

SeiferFC
4 years ago#9
They use the best class setups, dropshot (even when they don't have to), headglitch, dashboard/rage quit; etc.

Basically they're ultracompetitive and play in the most douche bag ways possible. However since they aren't actually good you'll never see them in Gamebattles or anything. Just pubstar style all day long.
This is the scene where you swear your undying hatred for me!

User Info: SgtGalaxy

SgtGalaxy
4 years ago#10
I call tryhards meta gamers people who play to win and do anything to win
GT:FallenDarkCA
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. How do you define a "Tryhard" ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived