Spotting Crutches

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: I_Got_Rhythm

I_Got_Rhythm
4 years ago#1
So I was just in a game of Kill Confirmed on Hijacked, unfortunately leveling my M27, and a guy on the opposing team was running around with an R870. After getting killed by him I immediately thought to myself, "man, it must be nice to just run around with an R870 on this map like that, too bad I'm so bent on golding everything. I bet that guy has triple my score, I know I would". So I went to check his score, of course, and noticed his was less than half mine AND he was performing in the lower tier of his team. I even found myself winning CQ battles against him...

Stuff like that just makes me think about how often I run into players that require crutches to do well at all; I mean, that kid NEEDS that gun for any ounce of hope.

So how about you guys? Any sightings that would make a better man cringe? And yeah, we all know target finder is gonna be a hit, but go for it, I can never read enough target finder hate.
GT: Isorhythmic

User Info: NeutronRaptor

NeutronRaptor
4 years ago#2
The funny part is when you run across MMS sights on shotguns. Never understood the fascination with that. You have a shotgun so clearing a corner camper or something while going in a room should be a piece of cake. MMS sight doesn't center very well either on shotguns.
My Crappy Youtube Videos.........
http://www.youtube.com/NeutronRaptor

User Info: Kant_Remoob_Eht

Kant_Remoob_Eht
4 years ago#3
I say using the M27 is a crutch, as it has little to no recoil... why not use a gun that has higher recoil?
GT: Boomer and Tank
You do good, people will hate. You do bad, people will hate. You just sit there, people will hate. Welcome to the COD community.

User Info: ArcXenos

ArcXenos
4 years ago#4
NeutronRaptor posted...
The funny part is when you run across MMS sights on shotguns. Never understood the fascination with that. You have a shotgun so clearing a corner camper or something while going in a room should be a piece of cake. MMS sight doesn't center very well either on shotguns.

Now it depends on how good the enemy players are , but I assure you it helps.
Nanomachines, SON

User Info: bigbug1992

bigbug1992
4 years ago#5
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
I say using the M27 is a crutch, as it has little to no recoil... why not use a gun that has higher recoil?

Because using the AR with the lowest damage is gimping you, regardless of recoil?
The Self-Proclaimed Master Bard of the Xbox Black Ops 2 Boards. Pope of the Church of MK 48

User Info: Mr_Cumberdale

Mr_Cumberdale
4 years ago#6
Yeah, I have a tough time in Hijacked. Half the time I play that map, everyone is running shotguns and hipfiring everywhere. :(
GT: Why you quit

User Info: Lerp85

Lerp85
4 years ago#7
Funny how you say you are worried about maxing your weapon, but how do you know he ain't doing the same thing? Why don't people think of that?
https://www.youtube.com/user/gamelerp85?feature=mhee
My youtube. I just started it, but am making gameplay vids. Nothing special. Check it out.

User Info: fatclemenza

fatclemenza
4 years ago#8
The 870 is the 1 k/d player's weapon of choice
Red wine with fish. Well that should have told me something.

User Info: SevenDayCandle

SevenDayCandle
4 years ago#9
fatclemenza posted...
The 870 is the 1 k/d player's weapon of choice

Sometimes, the KSG just says 'no, you cannot kill this man because I will not allow it' though.
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI

User Info: Loshadt

Loshadt
4 years ago#10
Near launch I didn't really have any problem with the R870, though that's because nobody really used it. But there has been a giant surge in people using things other than SMGs lately, and they all flock to the easiest setups. The R870 still isn't a huge problem, but even one person using it on Hijacked with a functioning nervous system is a nightmare. Because now you have to revolve your playstyle around avoiding 99% of the map or risk getting OSK out of nowhere.
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
I <3 Jesus.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived