Do you think there should be a perk that counters VSAT?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Do you think there should be a perk that counters VSAT?

User Info: dario1101

dario1101
3 years ago#21
Cysi posted...
TheRedKirby posted...
BeastlyIguana posted...
No, the VSAT shouldn't exist at all. It is absolutely100% broken playing with a full party all using VSAT.

It lasts as long as a UAV. And what the hell are the odds of a full party having VSATs?

If it's a full party pubstomping, very high.

My friend friends do that, and I usually just chuck EMP grenades at them when i'm on the other team. >_>
Oh wow, using Hardwired with VSAT disables Counter-Uavs and EMP? Wow! Thats a good combo!
Rainbow Dash is best pony.
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? # of Brohooves gotten-181! :D Started Jan 18. 2012 (Tac-45 <3)

User Info: SevenDayCandle

SevenDayCandle
3 years ago#22
dario1101 posted...
Cysi posted...
TheRedKirby posted...
BeastlyIguana posted...
No, the VSAT shouldn't exist at all. It is absolutely100% broken playing with a full party all using VSAT.

It lasts as long as a UAV. And what the hell are the odds of a full party having VSATs?

My friend friends do that, and I usually just chuck EMP grenades at them when i'm on the other team. >_>
Oh wow, using Hardwired with VSAT disables Counter-Uavs and EMP? Wow! Thats a good combo!

So yea, VSAT has no real counters... Yet almost everything else (except Guardians and Sentries, but those are easily EMP'd from across the map) have a counter.
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI

User Info: roach06

roach06
3 years ago#23
SevenDayCandle posted...
dario1101 posted...
Cysi posted...
TheRedKirby posted...
BeastlyIguana posted...

So yea, VSAT has no real counters... Yet almost everything else (except Guardians and Sentries, but those are easily EMP'd from across the map) have a counter.

dogs
GT: Roach4488
https://elite.callofduty.com/player/hq/xbox/54d10030cc86b1b90fcd5a1b3afeb1b6

User Info: SquireRamza

SquireRamza
3 years ago#24
The existence of Hard Wired does not mean that the VSAT has no counters. It means that the counters to VSAT themselves have counters. This is a substantial difference. Considering I need to forego either Toughness or Scavenger to run Hard Wired (or, worse, use Greed, requiring foregoing two slots) I think it's fair to say that the cost of making my VSAT "uncounterable" is fairly steep, to the point that it is at best a fair trade.

Additionally, the entire team would need to be running Hard Wired to make a Counter-UAV or EMP "useless." Don't know how often that happens, but I'd be happy to run into a full team using neither Toughness or Scavenger just to squeeze a little more value out of a scorestreak that already requires 1200 points.
"But we, who name ourselves its sovereigns--we,
Half dust, half deity, alike unfit to sink or to soar."

User Info: Mlevie

Mlevie
3 years ago#25
How about they bring back decoy grenades. That way the VSAT will still work as intended and the other team will have a small chance to distract them, Maybe even let the decoys work against the hunter killer if thrown close enough to it.

SevenDayCandle
3 years ago#26
Last I recall, you can EMP grenade dogs... lol. Then pick them off for 50 points each.

User Info: TheRedKirby

TheRedKirby
3 years ago#27
Lmao decoy grenades were fun as s*** to use. I'm disappointed that Treyarch didn't bring those back.
Super Delicious Ultra Great Atomic Mega Hyper Maximillian Posting Power! Are the GameFAQ boards doomed to be plagued by idiots?

User Info: slaveanselmo

slaveanselmo
3 years ago#28
Bullets counter Dogs.
Learn to sense the sarcasm, bro.
Someone here REAAAAAALLY loves their job. Phenomenal Cosmic Power!!!

User Info: Illuminoius

Illuminoius
3 years ago#29
dogs

SevenDayCandle
3 years ago#30
SevenDayCandle posted...
Last I recall, you can EMP grenade dogs... lol. Then pick them off for 50 points each.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Do you think there should be a perk that counters VSAT?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived