You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
I'm new to the board, first post... I've been playing Black Ops 2 for a couple months. I own COD 4 and Black Ops and I loved both of them. I have several issues with this game that have made playing it less fun than the others. Here are the issues I have with the game so far:
1. Target finder - This has been by far the biggest drawback to the game so far. Seems like almost everyone in the lobby has it now which makes it more annoying. It makes it way too easy to kill opponents. I think it makes bad players average and average players better. I dont know why they added this feature, as if the players needed more help aiming. I think not. You can give a crappy player a target finder and a good hiding spot or 2 and he'll pull a good K/D on this game.
2. Bouncing betties - If claymores werent enough to worry about, now you have to duck bouncing betties all the time. Its especially annoying when everyone on the other team uses them. All this does is help people camp more.
3. Shotguns are too powerful - Shotguns can kill you from too far a distance. Their range is almost as far as an smg which is ridiculous.
4. Pistols are overpowered - I get killed all the time by people carrying pistols. Sometimes i'll see people in lobbies run around with pistols as their main gun and they can get 15-20+ kills, which shouldnt happen.
5. The walls are paper thin - Some levels there is no place to hide when a guy is shooting you through the walls. I know several times I run around the corner to avoid bullets and still die. Some levels I'll see people just unload their clip through the walls and kill multiple people. And most of these walls seem easy to penetrate with no resistance.
6. Campers - I have a hard time now finding a lobby where there arent campers. This is a nuisance most of the time and ruins the experience of gaming. Its more annoying when the highest scorers are campers and theyre not very good. I think the biggest problem of why camping happens so much more now is because the maps are more elaborate and there are more places to hide. This seemed to be less of a problem on the first black ops because most of the maps were smaller so it was harder for people to camp consistently. I was over 2.00 K/D on black ops and COD4 and I am a pedestrian 1.25 on black ops 2. I could probably camp a lot more and boost my K/D, but I dont find that very fun and dont want to do that to manipulate numbers. My guess is that the only reason people camp, besides the fact that they arent good enough to rush. I'll continue to play BO 2 and hope it gets better, but I may go back to Black Ops 1 soon. What do yall think? Do you agree with me?