What classes do you use for CTF, and pointers on mine?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. What classes do you use for CTF, and pointers on mine?

User Info: EmperorCarnate

EmperorCarnate
4 years ago#1
For actually capping flags I use an Assualt shield and KAP 40, put on light weight, scav to restock my non lethals, and extreme conditioning.

If I'm defending the flag I use a Scar with fast mags, and red dot, I use executioner for secondary. Put on Flak Jacket, Tac Mask, and extreme conditioning so I can get in a position to kill someone who has gotten away with the flag.
I'm the tryhard with the gold ballistics in SnD. Sorry. "I'm in Faze I have like 2 on my friends list" - Every fanboy in existence

User Info: webbc99

webbc99
4 years ago#2
I have two specific classes for CTF. One for defending and one for flag running.

Defending class has:
SCAR-H, Stock, Quickdraw
Flak Jacket, Toughness, Tac Mask + Dexterity (perk 3 greed)
C4 + Trophy System

I put the trophy system just out of sight but near the flag, so it stops any grenades going into the flag spot, which is fairly common. I have a C4 on the flag. I run around the flag area and just pop people that come in. As soon as I see the flag is taken I will blow the C4, or if the C4 gets destroyed, then I know they're about to take it.

Flag running:
PDW, Stock, Quickdraw
Lightweight + Flak Jacket (Perk 1 Greed), Toughness, Dexterity + Extreme Conditioning (Perk 3 greed)

Very bare bones class, but it can cover a large distance very quickly and you move at 100% speed while ADS. Basically the ultimate run and gun. I use the PDW because of the larger mag size - at the speed you're moving, sometimes reloading is too risky, and I don't have a spare perk for fast mags.

Sometimes I will take off Flak Jacket (heresy!) and put on a Smoke Grenade and a C4 instead. Have experimented with Smokes + Scavenger + MMS as well, works very well but at the cost of a lot of speed based perks.
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Mor7al S7rike | Steam: webbc99
Playing: Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy IX, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Dark Souls

User Info: flamepelt

flamepelt
4 years ago#3
SMG-I prefer MP7

Lightweight+flak jacket

Extreme conditioning+tac mask

Tac insert
Two points left over for a secondary, attachments or whatever you fell like.

You run faster longer grenades an stuns don't slow you down SMG has a bit more range than a shotty and lets you run pretty fast. Tac insert near the flag to he there a bit faster too.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. What classes do you use for CTF, and pointers on mine?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived