Trying to create the ideal AR class

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Trying to create the ideal AR class

User Info: mkshifteuphoria

mkshifteuphoria
4 years ago#1
My 3 most used weapons are the FAL, AN-94, and MSMC, in that order. I'm pretty satisfied with my MSMC class, laser sight + fast mags + 5 perks, but I'm having a TON of trouble deciding on what to do with my AR classes, specifically the AN-94. So, I thought I'd get the community's opinion on a few things First off, I run a stock on all ARs, that's just mandatory, and I really, really prefer fast mags as I used Sleight of Hand on every class since COD4, so with the Pick 10 system I'm kind of torn.

- How do you feel about quickdraw + dexterity on the AN-94? I really like it as it allows me to be competitive against SMGs, but I also find tac mask invaluable, which means perk 3 greed is necessary. I know sprinting everywhere isn't ideal but I really miss that instantaneous ADS speed without it, and tac mask is useless if no one's using tactical grenades.

- Fast mags on the AN-94? The reload cancel time is really quick, but every millisecond counts. If I run quick/stock/fast mags, I only have room for 1 perk greed, and I have a tough time deciding between toughness+scavenger and dexterity+tac mask.

- Is scavenger that necessary if you only use it for ammo? Should I just pick up another gun or drop Flack Jacket for a secondary? As my skills improve I find myself running out of ammo more and more often, but for the few times I do there's many more I don't, and I wonder if something that would help ALL the time would be better (i.e. dexterity)

I have more questions but I'm sure this is long enough already :)

User Info: fatclemenza

fatclemenza
4 years ago#2
AN-94 w/ Stock and Reflex or Quickdraw
Kap-40

Flak Jacket
Scav + Toughness
Tac Mask

EMP Grenade

Enjoy being immune to everything with one of if not the best slaying weapons in the game
He has a powerful weapon, he charges a million a shot,
An assassin that's second to none, The Man with the Golden Gun

User Info: Baseballtitan

Baseballtitan
4 years ago#3
Best part about the AN94 is that the reload cancel time is the same exact speed as fast mags so you never need to use a point on that.
I will refrain from changing this sig until Mike Trout wins his first MVP award.
Gt: MannkinD - PSN: A0Tone

User Info: MissElena

MissElena
4 years ago#4
Well, no doubt the AN is pretty destructive in the right hands. Fact is, it's reload (with canceling) is quicker than most smg's. Qiickdraw, in my opinion, is necessary, considering I find myself aiming down around every corner.

Dexterity....eh, not so much needed as it is a luxury. You'll get a nice edge if you have it but you'll probably do just as fine without.
Scavenger I pretty much need, considering the AN goes through ammo like crazy (with silencer). However, if your pretty adaptable with other weapons that you find on the ground, than I say ditch.

That said, my personal setup for the AN is stock/quickdraw/grip. It features pretty open sights, so no sight is needed. It's recoil is pretty manageable, even fired full auto with silencer.

Tac Mask is a waste of a perk, considering its for equipment that you'll most likely not find yourself caught in. Dexterity is a better choice for, like you said, that instant ADS, which can be a lifesaver.

Flak Jacket is also questionable. Chances are, if you survive an explosion that would normally kill you, than you'll be dead soon anyways.
GT: iWinYetAgain
Clan MDK: Female Division Leader

User Info: Madsprayer

Madsprayer
4 years ago#5
I like to run:

AN w/silencer and stock

KAP 40

Hardline cause I need it/ghost

toughness

engineer

C4

EMP

I have been looking for a new class and fatclemenza's looks good. imma try it.

User Info: destructoclaus

destructoclaus
4 years ago#6
AN-94 - stock + suppressor/reflex/quickdraw
KAP-40

Hardline or flak jacket
Scavenger + toughness
Tactical mask

C4/bouncing betty/EMP/trophy system/smoke grenade (I typically run trophy system)
Perk 2 greed

You can modify the perks as you like, depending on what you find is important. For example, you may want to use flak jacket + hardline along with scavenger for objective games. You could also skip scavenger altogether if equipment isn't that important to you. I personally use it because I tend to stay alive for long periods of time. Hardline would probably be the easiest thing to give up, especially if your killstreaks aren't a big focus.
Soul Silver FC - 4469 3620 2054 / Diamond FC - 1033 3883 0634

User Info: mkshifteuphoria

mkshifteuphoria
4 years ago#7
@fatclemenza - yeah, that's pretty much identical to the set up I have now, only difference is I run perk 3 greed and dexterity, I hear EMP + scavenger is an excellent combo though. I'll have to try it out

@Baseballtitan - Seriously? Once I had the timing down I could have sworn it was just as quick as reloading with fast mags, if that's the case then it makes my decision much easier.

@MissElena - Excellent advice. I agree that dexterity is more of a luxury than a necessity, and tac mask is only useful if the other team is spamming tactical grenades. I think I use tac mask because I hate getting killed close to a high score streak because of concussion grenades and the like. The sights on the AN-94 are probably my favorite in the game, so I usually don't use optics, but the muzzle flash can be a bit annoying, so I'm thinking of running a supressor/quickdraw/stock class and see how that works out.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Trying to create the ideal AR class

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived