why are we voting on which camo we want to buy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. why are we voting on which camo we want to buy?

User Info: SupremeArticle

SupremeArticle
3 years ago#1
why can't they all be available? why limit us!!!
i love my girl cedes aka hoohahxchz
http://i.imgur.com/pmeLud7.jpg

User Info: GameFan692

GameFan692
3 years ago#2
Because they know people will buy it regardless....
GT: DarKShoTs

User Info: SupremeArticle

SupremeArticle
3 years ago#3
but why would they wanna limit the money they could make when they could have all 4 on the market are they trying to make it look like they are doing us a favor
i love my girl cedes aka hoohahxchz
http://i.imgur.com/pmeLud7.jpg

User Info: FeelMyBlade

FeelMyBlade
3 years ago#4
MS charges them for releasing the camos on the marketplace. I guess they wanted to survey which one people wanted the most, and maximized their earnings.
Currently Playing: Black Ops 2
Best Cods: Black Ops 2 and CoD4!

User Info: bbrradd31

bbrradd31
3 years ago#5
FeelMyBlade posted...
MS charges them for releasing the camos on the marketplace. I guess they wanted to survey which one people wanted the most, and maximized their earnings.

Actually like most distribution services MS would take a percentage of sales from all items bought through Xbox live, MS wouldn't say "oh pay us $3000 to release that camo." So in reality both trey arch and MS would probably profit more if they were all released.

But this is a business. Treyarch probably doesn't want to flood the market with many camps and by having a vote they can increase consumer participation and release the most popular camos which should sell the best. Supply and demand, business 101

User Info: FeelMyBlade

FeelMyBlade
3 years ago#6
bbrradd31 posted...
FeelMyBlade posted...

Actually like most distribution services MS would take a percentage of sales from all items bought through Xbox live, MS wouldn't say "oh pay us $3000 to release that camo." So in reality both trey arch and MS would probably profit more if they were all released.

But this is a business. Treyarch probably doesn't want to flood the market with many camps and by having a vote they can increase consumer participation and release the most popular camos which should sell the best. Supply and demand, business 101

I thought it was the other way around (probably for patches instead). I heard they charge DEVs $20,000 (something like that) for every patch, with the first one being free. Of course this is nothing compared to what they make, but business is business.
Currently Playing: Black Ops 2
Best Cods: Black Ops 2 and CoD4!

User Info: Silver17

Silver17
3 years ago#7
SupremeArticle posted...
why can't they all be available? why limit us!!!

You can pretty much guarantee that Activision will still make the 2 losing camos available right before DLC4...
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. why are we voting on which camo we want to buy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived