Seriously how does League Play ladder point's system work?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Seriously how does League Play ladder point's system work?

User Info: Jonnywestside

Jonnywestside
4 years ago#1
Before I carried 3 scrubs to victory over a full party in a Slums CTF with 5 caps including the game winning OT cap. Managed to go 43-24 and about 4 returns with a 5k score. Game ends and I get +10 points.

Next game I get 3 Golds in a party on my team against 4 Master. I think about dashing from the lobby but decide to stick it out. Game starts on HP Yemen and my team are gone. I stick it out 1v4, game ends up 250-68 and I go 30-28 with double digit caps and defends. Game ends and I get -150 points.

Game after SnD Plaza, 3 of the enemy team backs out after dying first round the other guy sticks it out til we're 3-0 up then leaves aswell. I end up 0-0. Game ends and I get +150.

It doesn't appear to be based on level of competition, personal performance or by how much you win/lose by which would be the logical way to do it. I'm 90% certain it is completely random, can anyone with some knowledge help me out here?
GT - JONNYWESTSIDE

User Info: XT3M3

XT3M3
4 years ago#2
to be quite honest,

this is part of the reason i stopped playing league as much as i used to. the random scoring made no sense for a game mode that about climbing to the top.

*Gets +10 for stomping masters*

*Gets +150 for stomping Bronze/silvers*

What?
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
Teams/Division standings|Nets: OFF |Yankees 27-16 1st place|Giants OFF|Islanders: OFF

User Info: SevenDayCandle

SevenDayCandle
4 years ago#3
XT3M3 posted...
to be quite honest,

this is part of the reason i stopped playing league as much as i used to. the random scoring made no sense for a game mode that about climbing to the top.

*Gets +10 for stomping masters*

*Gets +150 for stomping Bronze/silvers*

What?

*loses 150 points losing a game of CTF 2v4 vs 3 plats and 1 gold*
*loses 10 points losing a game of HP to a full party of 4*
*plays in a party of 2 for placement matches, wins 4 outta 5 games, one person who did better (in terms of KD, SPM and objective) gets put in silver, while the 2nd person gets put in gold*

WTF Treyarch?
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI

User Info: gwetmore4523

gwetmore4523
4 years ago#4
I don't even think Treyarch knows how it works. Typically I get +150 for beating a team, regardless of their rank, after that I have no idea how it decides how many points you get. I think it should take the average rank of all 4 players and decide who is supposed to win versus who is supposed to lose. Depending on the gap between the 2 teams playing you should get anywhere between 10-150 points for a win and the opposite for losing.
XBL - W3tMOG

SevenDayCandle
4 years ago#5
gwetmore4523 posted...
I don't even think Treyarch knows how it works. Typically I get +150 for beating a team, regardless of their rank, after that I have no idea how it decides how many points you get. I think it should take the average rank of all 4 players and decide who is supposed to win versus who is supposed to lose. Depending on the gap between the 2 teams playing you should get anywhere between 10-150 points for a win and the opposite for losing.

So, you mean a system that would make sense? Like an 'odds' system people use for sports betting?

User Info: XT3M3

XT3M3
4 years ago#6
i will never forget the time me and a clan mate played.

i literally carried his ass all 5 games. capping it off by me going 28-6 or something on standoff CTF while he went 9-21

final placements

Him Plat
me gold.

i shut off my xbox after that <_<
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
Teams/Division standings|Nets: OFF |Yankees 27-16 1st place|Giants OFF|Islanders: OFF

User Info: FaithInAll

FaithInAll
4 years ago#7
System doesn't make any sense and even the pro's don't seem to understand it. Best to not think about it to much when you get +10 for beating higher ranked teams >.>
Gt/PSN/Steam: Vyeren

User Info: MeleeGEWii

MeleeGEWii
4 years ago#8
The way I thought of it was Treyarch wants you to be a team because teamwork is important to win so if you lose they deduct the whole team because it was supposed to be a team effort . I wish they did ladder points individually by each persons individual performance though because all it takes is 1 or 2 people to quit then you could be screwed over and get deducted ladder points.
GE/Melee u/CD__ PSN_Gaming-Soldier55
youtube channel--->http://www.youtube.com/user/GoldeneyeWiiSoldier/featured/

SevenDayCandle
4 years ago#9
MeleeGEWii posted...
The way I thought of it was Treyarch wants you to be a team because teamwork is important to win so if you lose they deduct the whole team because it was supposed to be a team effort . I wish they did ladder points individually by each persons individual performance though because all it takes is 1 or 2 people to quit then you could be screwed over and get deducted ladder points.

While I do agree to an extent. It's just the fact there's no real system that makes ANY sense in place... I only liked League Play because it was more competitive and took out the noob stuff like C4, Betties, and Shock Charges. Honestly only real reason I played it.

User Info: zxrax_alt_1

zxrax_alt_1
4 years ago#10
it doesn't, it's random.
http://twitch.tv/vraage | GT: v Raage
i7-3820 @4.875GHz | 2x HD7970 | 16GB 2000MHz | Rampage IV Formula | 250GB 840 SSD +2TB | Custom Watercooling | 1440p IPS
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Seriously how does League Play ladder point's system work?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived