Why do you still like this game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Why do you still like this game?

User Info: using_printer

using_printer
3 years ago#1
I'm still playing, and presumptively the people that post topics here still play the game, as well.

1. I like the individuality of each weapon, and the trade-offs each has with others in its own class

2. I like that the majority of the maps are fairly small, and promote fast-paced gameplay

3. I like the score-streak system that rewards objective play (kill confirmed could use re-tooling)

4. I like the pick ten system that allows me to play the way I want to play, for example equipping quickdraw on an assualt rifle and quick recover follow springint (dexterity) in the same class

5. I like that the weapons don't kill too quickly, so skill takes precedence in gun fights.

6. I like groundwar

7. I like the deep stat system, which lets me see performance with each weapon over narrow to broad periods of time

8. I enjoy reviewing my play in theater mode

9. I like that the streaks are more difficult to attain

10. I think this has a much deeper meta game that rewards players who put thought into it

Sure there are things I don't like. But overall, this has been the CoD I enjoyed the most - even more than World at War, which had an incredible atmosphere, good gameplay, and good maps.

I sure hope Treyarch starts a new story line over from scratch with a WW2 shooter that implements everything BO2 did well. They could certainly get creative with the score streaks and more exotic weapons, to give the game a fresher feel that the original CoD WW2 titles didn't have.

Basically, for all of BO2's faults, it was simply the most for - for me - to play, hands down.

User Info: f3rtilizer

f3rtilizer
3 years ago#2
http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/
I'm looking to do worse to ghosts than to bo2. I have a few ideas, but if you have a request/suggestion please lmk via pm.
http://i.imgur.com/1cBQJo1.png

User Info: EdwardDarkstar

EdwardDarkstar
3 years ago#3
It's fun.
I <3 MTAR.
Aaaaaand, it's fun.
GT: EdwardDarkstar
Be afraid, be very afraid of the Dark.

User Info: moon718

moon718
3 years ago#4
I agree with every single reason that you posted, TC. Just to add some of my reasons for still playing and LOVING this game:

- I love the attachments. And how Treyarch took what had in many cases traditionally been a perk (Stalker, Sleight of Hand) and transformed it into an attachment.

- Displaying the Score Per Minute in the Lobby Leaderboard gives you a strong sense of who might be camping, which in my mind discourages many (but not all, of course) from playing that way.

- I really enjoy the vibrant colour scheme that Treyarch used for this game. The player characters don't blend into the background as easily as they do in CoD: Ghosts, MW2, and the like. Not to mention the colours are a nice break from the somber greys and browns found in Call of Duty titles of late.

- On the topic of maps, I do love that Treyarch makes use of the classic three-lane approach to design, which keeps gunfights frequent (on most maps), and enjoyable.

- Perks seem pretty well thought out. I appreciate how some of the perks were designed to discourage camping. I also appreciate how they are (as a general rule), a little more realistic. Being able to survive a drop from the roof of a 3 story favela building and subsequently knife an opponent through automatic weapon fire seems a little ridiculous.

- Footsteps seem pretty reasonable. I'm glad I don't sound like a herd of elephants when I traverse the map.

Overall, this game is just plain fun to me. Even when I get one shotted by quickscopers, or outflanked by Lightweight SMG heroes, I am having a blast.

User Info: Croctopus

Croctopus
3 years ago#5
Because it's fun. Isn't that why people play video games?

User Info: beerhammer1

beerhammer1
3 years ago#6
Croctopus posted...
Because it's fun. Isn't that why people play video games?

I went back to Blops2 because Ghost made me sick. This game is everything Ghost isn't and that's FUN to play. I like the fact that's it's fast paced, unlike Ghost where games will time out and it's a glorified game of "find the Timmy in the corner"

User Info: CmoIsDaNam3

CmoIsDaNam3
3 years ago#7
Find the Timmy in the corner.

Love it.
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI

User Info: CoDIIIIIICoB

CoDIIIIIICoB
3 years ago#8
moon718 posted...
Even when I get one shotted by quickscopers, or outflanked by Lightweight SMG heroes, I am having a blast.

I swear people will complain about anything lmao
"Nothing wrong with CoD's hit detection. Sounds to me like you suck." FeelMyBlade GT: Phantom Vll

User Info: CW Boi 209

CW Boi 209
3 years ago#9
I play this mainly for zombies. Otherwise, I go to Blops 1 for multiplayer.
3DS FC: 4141-2123-1945
Currently Playing: Pokemon Y and Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Why do you still like this game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived