That ending was... unexpected. (Possible spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!
  3. That ending was... unexpected. (Possible spoilers)

User Info: The_Weegee

The_Weegee
4 years ago#1
Yeah...
Breloom is the satanic spawn of hell.-BahamutZero92

User Info: ChiefDamonGant

ChiefDamonGant
4 years ago#2
I liked it. Not quite the ending I had in mind, but in a good way.

The second and third parts of the last battle harkened back to other video games which I thought was pretty nice.
3DS Friend Code: 0001-3567-2030
passid.ca/zai

User Info: Coolgecko8

Coolgecko8
4 years ago#3
Unfortunately I wont be getting this game for a month or two. So can you just tell me what's the twist at the end people are mentioning?
Remember, unless you're a playable character, your chances of survival in a Resident Evil game are like 2%

User Info: The_Weegee

The_Weegee
4 years ago#4
Unfortunately I wont be getting this game for a month or two. So can you just tell me what's the twist at the end people are mentioning?

LSP is the final final boss.
salamence is in hell with garchomp; god didn't need him anymore-Zakdraknor64

User Info: Coolgecko8

Coolgecko8
4 years ago#5
The_Weegee posted...

LSP is the final final boss.

Ahhh giant space lump out of nowhere
Remember, unless you're a playable character, your chances of survival in a Resident Evil game are like 2%

User Info: Doom-Moose

Doom-Moose
4 years ago#6
I liked the idea, but I didn't like the execution.
I guess it's supposed to be a kirby reference or something, having the final boss be a shooting section? But even in kirby games you usually stop flying and have a traditional boss fight. I would have loved it if LSP had landed in lumpy space and you had to fight her on foot after fighting her on lady rainicorn. It would have been a better boss battle, and it would have actually made sense to credit Finn with saving Ooo instead of lady.

Another thing I disliked- the music. It sounds like you're flying over Ooo just killing random enemies on while riding lady, not trying to save the world from LSP... The tone of the music conflicted with the setting really badly.

User Info: ChiefDamonGant

ChiefDamonGant
4 years ago#7
Doom-Moose posted...
I liked the idea, but I didn't like the execution.
I guess it's supposed to be a kirby reference or something, having the final boss be a shooting section? But even in kirby games you usually stop flying and have a traditional boss fight. I would have loved it if LSP had landed in lumpy space and you had to fight her on foot after fighting her on lady rainicorn. It would have been a better boss battle, and it would have actually made sense to credit Finn with saving Ooo instead of lady.

Another thing I disliked- the music. It sounds like you're flying over Ooo just killing random enemies on while riding lady, not trying to save the world from LSP... The tone of the music conflicted with the setting really badly.

Actually, Kirby & The Amazing Mirror for GBA ended on a shooting section that actually extended into the credits. Once you took out the final boss' health both you and it's health bars would disappear and then you had a counter that tracked how many times you hit it before the credits stopped rolling.

I loved the final battle music. It DID feel like a real shift in tone but at the same time it kinda fit into the series' habit of random music numbers.
3DS Friend Code: 0001-3567-2030
passid.ca/zai

User Info: Nanabobo

Nanabobo
4 years ago#8
Y'know, a lot of this game reminded me of Kirby. Finn and Jake dancing after beating a boss. Lots of moves that do basically the same thing to enemies. The Megaman slide. Ice King kind of attacking like Possessed Dedede. And of course the random "neutral" good guy (see Marx and Magolor) ending up being the true final boss culminating in a shooting level in space involving stars.
White FC: 1034 0534 2444

User Info: Doom-Moose

Doom-Moose
4 years ago#9
ChiefDamonGant posted...
I loved the final battle music. It DID feel like a real shift in tone but at the same time it kinda fit into the series' habit of random music numbers.

Not really a shift in tone, but a conflicting tone. If you turned the music off in that section the entire boss would feel completely different. I mean, you're trying to stop an enraged LSP from destroying the entire world in a haze of nuclear fallout, and what is the music in the background? A cutesy track singing about you riding lady rainicorn. That is seriously one of the least notable things you could sing about in this predicament. It made the entire boss feel like an anticlimax, like there's no actual stress involved in this emergency effort to prevent everyone you know dying. It just didn't feel like a boss, you know? I'm ok with that when it's not a major boss (like in scott pilgrim vrs. the world the game, they use this really adorable DDR-like track for Roxy's boss battle) but when it's the final final boss, with the fate of the world hanging in the balance? Not so much.

User Info: Nanabobo

Nanabobo
4 years ago#10
You mean it was perfect for the series. Adventure Time ends on an anticlimax often, especially the older episodes. "Let's go eat Cinnamon Bun." "... Still not happy. :)" “This cosmic dance of bursting decadence, and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively but, if sweetness can win-and it can-then I'll still be here tomorrow, to high five you yesterday; my friend. Peace."
White FC: 1034 0534 2444
  1. Boards
  2. Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!
  3. That ending was... unexpected. (Possible spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived