50 dollars for this?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei IV
  3. 50 dollars for this?

User Info: Ruca1122

Ruca1122
4 years ago#1
sounds like a rip off to me. Atlus I like your games but why did you make this expensive?

User Info: MetalLoki

MetalLoki
4 years ago#2
Did you even see all the stuff it comes with?
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Sparkleface and Butterbean are best pegasi

User Info: AngelVanished

AngelVanished
4 years ago#3
Game, soundtrack, artbook/strategy guide, sexy sleeve.

I'd be willing to pay full console release prices, personally. But to each their own.
The official Tiamat of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.

User Info: MetalLoki

MetalLoki
4 years ago#4
http://24.media.tumblr.com/c00a8107839951fb797219e4dd79c335/tumblr_mlemo1KEue1rm3a56o1_1280.png
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Sparkleface and Butterbean are best pegasi

User Info: Honzou

Honzou
4 years ago#5
50 dollars for a first print auto CE edition. So you could either wait for the second print or buy it on the e-shop for 40 dollars.
The All Father has bequeath me the gift of battle. So now I bequeath you my spear through your heart.
The official Eligor of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board

User Info: MR_Soren

MR_Soren
4 years ago#6
It's Shin Megami Tensei IV. I was fine with $50 before I knew there were extras.

This is probably the biggest 3DS game.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
Blog: http://www.red-grenade.com

User Info: Solar_Crimson

Solar_Crimson
4 years ago#7
It's Shin Megami Tensei IV. I was fine with $50 before I knew there were extras.

This. I was perfectly willing to pay the $50 for the game alone, but the extras sweetened the deal.
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.

User Info: lucasbitencour

lucasbitencour
4 years ago#8
This would cost $50 + $57 for me, with the shipping to Brazil, and yet I think I will pre-order it. A amazing game plus art book and soundtrack... Sounds a good deal for me.

User Info: GeekyDad

GeekyDad
4 years ago#9
Ruca1122 posted...
sounds like a rip off to me. Atlus I like your games but why did you make this expensive?

Why? (And this is in no way meant to defend their decisions; just offering a likely reason behind their pricing)

Atlus has really been ahead of the curve, I believe, when it comes to pricing their games. They know they need to make more to make a profit, but unlike other companies (Square Enix perhaps) that just raise the price and assume audiences will recognize the value, Atlus throws in a few extras (in this case, the strategy guide and OST). However, those extras probably don't cost a whole lot, and it justifies (on paper and in perception to consumers) the higher premium.

I'm cool it with, personally, simply because I really want this game. But I can easily sympathize with curious non-fans who might be put off by the higher price.
"The hardcore you've been waiting for!"

User Info: dashyl

dashyl
4 years ago#10
I've never known a SMT game to suck.. even the ones I wasn't a big fan of were still ok by my standard and everyone else loved. So yea, $50 is ok.
Guardian Cross IGN/KiK: Graive
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei IV
  3. 50 dollars for this?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived