The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Where Does Shoji Meguro Rank?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei IV
  3. Where Does Shoji Meguro Rank?

User Info: suzukimatsui

suzukimatsui
3 years ago#1
In the large field of awesome video game composers? Personally I think he is pretty high up there but probably not in the same league as Koji Kondo, Uematsu, Mitsuda, Sugiyama and Joe Hisaishi. I would probably rank Meguro very closely to Michiru Yamane from the Castlevania series as well as Akira Yamaoka. Thoughts and opinions?

User Info: kratoscar2008

kratoscar2008
3 years ago#2
Great Will tier.

I love his songs the most although i must give props to Akira Yamaoka, his silent hill songs are among the best in atmosphere.
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/forum.php Vic is baaaack.

User Info: khalahaley

khalahaley
3 years ago#3
Nocturne and DDS's soundtracks are God level, thats all.
fish

User Info: TheMasterTurtle

TheMasterTurtle
3 years ago#4
Meguro is my favourite composer, period. I love a lot of video game music and listen largely to music from video games and his stuff is the truly the bomb.
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS

User Info: overmaxx

overmaxx
3 years ago#5
Pretty up there, he is amazing.

DDS1 OST is one of the best of all time, easily would put it with the big boys like Chrono Cross, Silent Hill 2 and Donkey Kong Country 2. I think it's that good.
Dark Souls > your favorite game.

User Info: leadintea

leadintea
3 years ago#6
Meguro's upper mid for me. He has a pretty impressive track record, but I felt that many of his songs in the same genre felt kinda samey.
http://enneagames.livejournal.com/559.html

User Info: Ultima_Lord

Ultima_Lord
3 years ago#7
My favorites are Yuki Kaijura (she hasn't done much of anything outside of Xenosaga 3 for games I believe, but her work in anime is unbelievable), Motoi Sakuraba (for Valkyrie Profile / Star Ocean), and Meguro. Not sure who I'd call my favorite, but Meguro is top 3 for me.

If I were to rank him, I'd place him at mid or high. Meguro doesn't make the best music out there, but when it's good, it's really good; dude has talent.

And I'm no critic, but DDS2 and P3's final boss themes are absolute genius.
"Hey, your disturbing my moment here!!
You're gonna pay for this!!" - Lenus, Legend of Dragoon

User Info: DynamicJumpIuff

DynamicJumpIuff
3 years ago#8
He started off good with Nocturne and DDS but his later stuff is same-y and generic.
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma

User Info: AngelVanished

AngelVanished
3 years ago#9
kratoscar2008 posted...
Great Will tier.

I love his songs the most although i must give props to Akira Yamaoka, his silent hill songs are among the best in atmosphere.

This, but I have to give props to Hitoshi Sakimoto and Masaharu Iwata for FFT's soundtrack, Garry Schyman for Bioshock's soundtrack, the three composers behind Donkey Kong Country, and a few others for soundtracks I love.
The official Tiamat of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.

User Info: hyperknees91

hyperknees91
3 years ago#10
It's all preference so who knows.

He's a good composer who puts out work that I enjoy, that's all that matters to me. I probably put him slightly above old motoi (mainly because current motoi is just overworked and has put out a bunch of crap lately).
PSN tag hyperknees
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei IV
  3. Where Does Shoji Meguro Rank?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived