Another Fiend Hunting Rage Topic.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei IV
  3. Another Fiend Hunting Rage Topic.

User Info: RailgunnerX

RailgunnerX
4 years ago#1
So on the plus side i managed to get Matador and Red Rider with moderate reloading amounts. I have been trying to get White Rider to appear now for 5 hours and nothing. The worst part is back when I made my first run through of the game (On Playthrough 3 now) and I had no idea how rare a Fiend encounter was, I managed to get him to show up by complete fluke. I almost beat him but he spammed Megidolaon like crazy. Then I read up on the rarity of the Fiend battles and just lost my ****. All I had to do was die and revive myself but at the time I did not know that would work.

My team now could easily mop the floor with Whitey but I cannot get him to show up now. Makes me feel so stupid for resetting after getting killed (Which I did mostly so I wouldn't have to go through the long cutscene).

The method I am using is to get to the area before Ginza Shopping District B and doing the DLC reload trick. Once I abandon the quest and then proceed into Shopping District and head straight up the road, doing a loop beside the manhole to make sure I covered that side of the intersection. How long did it take some you guys to get him to show up because I am beginning to think I am doing something wrong or the game just hates me for getting Matador and Red Rider early on.
GT: Cheap Pop Man

User Info: Merihim

Merihim
4 years ago#2
For me it tooks(I defeat them by this order on my 1st playthrough)

-Matador 1.5hrs
-White Rider 0.5hrs
-Red Rider 3hrs
-Pale Rider 3hrs
-Trumpeter 1hrs
-Chemtrail 1hrs
-Black Rider 3hrs

Total around 13hrs.

RailgunnerX
4 years ago#3
So far for me:
Matador: About an hour
Red Rider: Hour and a half roughly.
White Rider (so far): 5 and a half hours. :(

User Info: Merihim

Merihim
4 years ago#4
It's really a pure matter of luck.
The Red and Pale rider pissed me so much after the first which were found easily.

RailgunnerX
4 years ago#5
Yeah, gives me bad memories of Phantasy Star Online drop rates for rare items. Should at least be same odds as a Fusion Accident for getting Fiend Battles imo.

User Info: TheBeastWithin

TheBeastWithin
4 years ago#6
They really did drop the ball with the fiend rarity. By the time you are a high level they are the only fun fights remaining but they aren't really worth the time it takes to find them. It took me about 2 hours for white rider, which I consider reasonable compared to some of the others.

1 in 100 odds would still have been rare but would have been reasonable. They clearly did not have fun in mind when designing this part of the game, and that's a big mistake for any game creator.
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!

RailgunnerX
4 years ago#7
What method did you use for finding him? I keep running until I get next to the 2nd manhole and then loop back slightly to make sure I hit the right spot.

1/100 would have been much more reasonable.

User Info: HermeticJustice

HermeticJustice
4 years ago#8
TheBeastWithin posted...
They really did drop the ball with the fiend rarity. By the time you are a high level they are the only fun fights remaining but they aren't really worth the time it takes to find them. It took me about 2 hours for white rider, which I consider reasonable compared to some of the others.

1 in 100 odds would still have been rare but would have been reasonable. They clearly did not have fun in mind when designing this part of the game, and that's a big mistake for any game creator.

Atlus: We get off on your tears
The Official Kerberos of the SMT IV Board + Friend Code: 4983 - 6166 - 9895
QVODSVPERIVS.MACROPROSOPVS + QVODINFERIVS.MICROPROSOPVS

RailgunnerX
4 years ago#9
Now on almost 8 hours. Starting to feel like saying **** it for completing the compendium. Even when I manage to get all the Fiends, still got the Fusion Accident Famed to acquire. -_-

User Info: pkingdom

pkingdom
4 years ago#10
I've been trying for days to get Chemtrail to spawn!
YAAAYYYY!!!! IT BURNS!-----GIR, from Invader Zim. Get the cool shoeshine
Best battle music in a videogame ever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sON9SYIIqo
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei IV
  3. Another Fiend Hunting Rage Topic.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived