Thinking of replaying this but.....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei IV
  3. Thinking of replaying this but.....

User Info: DASchenk85

DASchenk85
1 month ago#1
the thing is... i just can't get interested in either the Law or the Chaos route

on my first play through, a few years ago, i just went Neutral, and im thinking of doing so again. after all, it seems like the true ending, since you can fight both final bosses

on top of that, i still have my cleared file, but don't really feel like dicking around with a full compendium either, i typically find NG+ kinda boring

though the more i think about it, a fresh game with me shooting for neutral again seems like fun, and i kinda wanna follow up by actually giving apocalypse a try afterwards

thoughts?

User Info: DearShadowself

DearShadowself
1 month ago#2
I'd say go straight to Apocalypse instead of a NG+. The story really isn't that bad that everyone's making it out to be and the gameplay is IV, but with a lot of fixes (Smirking isn't EXTREMELY overpowered and actually has an effect for certain skills, the partner AI is a lot better and the Tokyo Map has been vastly improved)
I am thou, thou art I
From the sea of thy soul I cometh

User Info: DASchenk85

DASchenk85
1 month ago#3
DearShadowself posted...
I'd say go straight to Apocalypse instead of a NG+. The story really isn't that bad that everyone's making it out to be and the gameplay is IV, but with a lot of fixes (Smirking isn't EXTREMELY overpowered and actually has an effect for certain skills, the partner AI is a lot better and the Tokyo Map has been vastly improved)

Its just been too long since i played 4, and i had actually heard that Apocalypse had a pretty great story

i'm seriously leaning towards just replaying it without NG+
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei IV
  3. Thinking of replaying this but.....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived