Beginner Help

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: mattlanders17

mattlanders17
3 years ago#1
Hello,

I am new to fighting games and I have some basic questions, I hope some one could help me with on this game.

First off, should I be using the D-Pad or the analog stick?

Also, how viable of a character is Nightwing? I tried all the characters and like his move set and the way he moves the best.

Should I just focus on the one character and get really good with him and then branch off and try others as I get better with the game.

Any tips on how to block? Anytime I go online, these people pull off these crazy minimum 10 hit combos.

Also, do you have suggestions or recommendations?

Thank you,

User Info: Bellethor

Bellethor
3 years ago#2
mattlanders17 posted...
Hello,

I am new to fighting games and I have some basic questions, I hope some one could help me with on this game.

First off, should I be using the D-Pad or the analog stick?

Also, how viable of a character is Nightwing? I tried all the characters and like his move set and the way he moves the best.

Should I just focus on the one character and get really good with him and then branch off and try others as I get better with the game.

Any tips on how to block? Anytime I go online, these people pull off these crazy minimum 10 hit combos.

Also, do you have suggestions or recommendations?

Thank you,

Whatever you think is more comfortable. I like to play with release check off and the dpad.

He's decent

Yes

Hold back
Playing: Injustice, UMVC3, USF4, Pokemon Y, Diablo 3, DMC3/4
3DS Friend Code: 1220-8407-0131 GT: PaladinBrandon

User Info: mattlanders17

mattlanders17
3 years ago#3
Thank you, I appreciate it.

User Info: zaccman922

zaccman922
3 years ago#4
There's a bit more to blocking than just holding back. You have to have fought most of the cast to know when to block the correct way. Example: whenever you see a Batman player rush in, you want to block low because he has lows that are unseeable. And if you see them do anything else like jump in or F3, you should be able to react and block high.
(message deleted)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived