Wow, the voice acting is superb

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia 2
  3. Wow, the voice acting is superb

User Info: buffy720

buffy720
3 years ago#11
I completely agree. The voice acting really is good for this game. All of the new VAs match their characters well, and the old ones sound good, too. It's a great localization.
Goodbye, Being Human. You shall be sorely missed. April 7, 2014.
Corpse Party is <3.

User Info: DGM09

DGM09
3 years ago#12
There are different types of lisp. I don't recall the name for the hissing one, but, if it weren't due to the recording, you could definitely classify Milla's speech disorder as lisp. The definition of lisp encompasses all incorrect tongue placements that interfere with making exact sounds.
It's very clearly gone in this game, though.

Frankly, I thought Elle would annoy the hell out of me, but it turned out not to be the case.
Bang.

User Info: EternalVarik

EternalVarik
3 years ago#13
I kinda miss how intimidating Gaius sounded in Xillia 1, but now I hear the Roy Mustang in him. So that's a plus in its own right.
The best 31 seconds of your life here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9QhZuc3UAw

User Info: trewerd

trewerd
3 years ago#14
EternalVarik posted...
I kinda miss how intimidating Gaius sounded in Xillia 1, but now I hear the Roy Mustang in him. So that's a plus in its own right.

It's kind of weird to hear him say "Milla". He usually just prefers using "Maxwell".
Dwarven Vow Number 10: Play hard, play often.

User Info: Crystal_Dream

Crystal_Dream
3 years ago#15
I had problems with Elle at first, but she grew on me.
Other than that, everyone is pretty damn good!
"Petals dance for our valediction and synchronize to your frozen pulsation...
Swirling wind sings for our reunion and 9.8 is my acceleration." - Mili

User Info: SolKarellen

SolKarellen
3 years ago#16
The only things that bug me were either the voice actor not being given the proper direction in a few scenes, and having to deal with some weird body language and blocking but that's not the localization team's fault. Like when on the train when Jude says that he'll fight alongside Ludger, Bisley says "Impressive" very low and very quick which didn't quite fit the scene. A slower "You're quite impressive" would've fit more, but the English team is stuck with the framework of the original Japanese.

Xillia 1 and 2 just have some really weird body language, blocking, and scene cuts. I.E the scene before you fight fractured Rowen when the party gets surrounded by the disgruntled Elympions. The camera cuts to this weird scene where the camera directly focuses on Leia moving from her location to standing next to Ludger. There was very little point in it with how much "focus" it got from the camera.

It's just a result, though, of Tales changing from classic "speech bubble, press X to continue the scene" style to a more modern cinematic style with subtitles.

It's a great dub, though, like almost all these days. I think some people have an almost self-loathing attitude towards their own maiden tongue...
"I feel that the Paxil has given me a zen-like clarity somehow."

User Info: bbkkristian

bbkkristian
3 years ago#17
violetweasel posted...
Dem ludger "WHAT!?"s

Fixed
PM me for Recruitment code for Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn :)
3DS FC: 2552-0940-6228. PSN: bbkkristian

User Info: Ippongi_Ryuta

Ippongi_Ryuta
3 years ago#18
Oh, they changed Milla's VA?
Currently playing: Persona Q: Shadows of the Labyrinth, Dark Souls II, Tales of Xillia 2, Monster Hunter 4, Taiko no Tatsujin: Don to Katsu no Jikuu Daibouken.

User Info: EpicFailName

EpicFailName
3 years ago#19
Nitebreaker posted...
I read so much about Milla having a lisp in the first game, but I've honestly never noticed it.

I only noticed it when she said "Lance of Kresthnik".

User Info: sweq32

sweq32
3 years ago#20
Ippongi_Ryuta posted...
Oh, they changed Milla's VA?

Nah, it's the same.

SolKarellen posted...

It's a great dub, though, like almost all these days. I think some people have an almost self-loathing attitude towards their own maiden tongue...

I'm with you there. I can't even begin to tell you how much I despise people who hate dubs just because it's English. It's a very shallow way of thinking and I'll never understand it.
3DS FC: 0903-3054-3209
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia 2
  3. Wow, the voice acting is superb

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived