Battle Mechanics 101 and FAQ (Continued)

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia 2
  3. Battle Mechanics 101 and FAQ (Continued)

User Info: Xiaoyu420

Xiaoyu420
3 years ago#1
This sticky is to fill in/revise certain sections on the main sticky

How do you get all of the endings?

Bad Ending: In Chapter 15, during the cutscene in Marksburg, keep selecting R1.

Normal Ending: In Chapter 16, after beating the final boss, keep selecting L1.
Alternate path to increase Elle’s affinity: L1, R1, R1, L1.

True Ending: In Chapter 16, after beating the final boss, keep selecting R1.
Alternate path to increase Elle’s affinity: L1, R1, R1, R1.

Debt Ending: Pay off the debt in its entirety. Note that the last 100 Gald cannot be paid off until post-game. Talk to Nova in Trigleph to pay off the last 100 Gald.

Cameo Ending: Beat the cameo battle in the Elite Party rank in the Coliseum. To access the cameo battle, you must complete both Femme Fatale quests at the job board, and beat the EX Dungeon’s final boss. Note that the Elite Party rank is only available post-game.

Note that it is possible to get all of the endings in a single playthrough, as getting any ending allows you to save and continue from right before you got that ending, while retaining any bonuses and grade obtained by getting that ending.

What is missable?

The Bad Ending is missable.

The Chromatus Control trophy is missable. After Chapter 13, use Chromatus fewer than 50 times, until you beat the game (note that the bad ending counts as completing the game).

There are four unique weapons which can be found in chests in Chapter 10’s dungeon. One of them, the Dual Edge, is required to unseal one of Milla’s cameo weapons. The four chests are labeled 24-27 on this map:

http://h1g.jp/tox2/index.php?%E3%82%A6%E3%83%97%E3%82%B5%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A9%E6%B9%96%E8%B7%A1

Milla’s first three Character Story chapters are missable.

The cat “Catstantine the Third”, which is associated with the “Meeting with Julius” job, is missable.

The following quests obtained at the job board are missable: The Girl's Gift, Elle's Belongings, the "Traces of Kinship" series, The Father's Gift, Rideaux's Request, and Meeting with Julius.

Finally, the Hallowed Doll accessory is missable. To obtain it, complete Rowen’s second chapter before Chapter 12. Then, during Chapter 12, go to the time capsule in front of Sharil Manor in Chapter 12's fractured Sharilton, and choose to remove all items from the time capsule.

How do you unlock the different ranks at the Coliseum?

Tag mode:

Novice: Automatically unlocked upon reaching Xian Du.

Advanced: Finish Chapter 12, and complete Novice Tag three times.

Elite: Finish the game, and complete Advanced Tag three times.
You must leave Xian Du to get a skit which will make the Elite ranks available.

Note that the characters used are irrelevant; any characters can be used, including just the same ones repeatedly.

Party mode:

Novice: Complete Novice Tag, and beat the following Elite Monsters:
Scorpactus, Veywind Eye, Heavy Claw, Greater Demon, Radiant Horn, Moralzamm, Graddic Claw, Bluetaur

Advanced: Finish Chapter 12, unlock Novice Party, and beat the following Elite Monsters:
Ghastly Stump, Arrow Folzam, Veywind Stinger, Krudis Eye, Exoplasma, Hammerzamm, Wind Racer, Dark Teagle

Elite: Finish the game, unlock Advanced Party, and beat every Elite Monster except Siennabronc.
You must leave Xian Du to get a skit which will make the Elite ranks available.
Xiaoyu420's Xillia tutorial, exhibition, and challenges YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKJynNokJm8bKOBEPyw4fXA
(edited 3 years ago)

User Info: Xiaoyu420

Xiaoyu420
3 years ago#2
What is the fastest way to level?

During the main story, enemies in fractured dimensions scale to your level, and are a good source of experience. Note that enemies in fractured dimensions only scale to a limited extent (up to the 70s).

In post-game, be sure to use EXP food purchased from Leronde. EX Elite Monsters give a lot of experience, as well as the EX Dungeon’s bosses. Once you’re able to do it, the cameo battle via Elite Party mode at the Coliseum also gives a lot of experience.

Credits

(Xiaoyu)

Thanks to Krystal109 for helping in completing the sticky.

(Xarius)

Thanks to LightOfJudgment for FAQ help and information regarding missables, debt rewards, affinity rewards, post-game shops, unlocking Coliseum modes, EX Dungeon material locations, and the list of cameo weapon materials.

Thanks to Suikomu for FAQ help and information regarding missables, debt rewards, and affinity rewards.

Thanks to Partikkel for the Illusionary Darkness guide.

Thanks to magnum7979 for information regarding unlocking Coliseum modes.

Thanks to ZeroX25 for information regarding the missable Hallowed Doll.

Thanks to xfreebird for information regarding affinity.

Thanks to SolidusDiabolos for information regarding level scaling.
Xiaoyu420's Xillia tutorial, exhibition, and challenges YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKJynNokJm8bKOBEPyw4fXA

User Info: Xarius478

Xarius478
3 years ago#3
Oh, cool. I didn't think we'd be able to get these updates in; thanks for the help, Krystal.

User Info: thelovefist

thelovefist
3 years ago#4
Smh gamefaqs
N/A

User Info: SMASHKING84

SMASHKING84
3 years ago#5
is the ANY way to stop judger ftom using chromatus during auto mode.

asl can trigger linked mystic arts and mystic arts with all characthers set to auto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6mp99I0Row
you never know what you want until you get it

User Info: Dualgunner

Dualgunner
3 years ago#6
Sidenote: Whenever an elite monster spawns in an area, all regular enemies in that area get a level boost; this is also useful for leveling. I find the best source of xp before you hit the EX dungeon is in the Nala Lava Tubes after the Elite Monster spawns there, as there are regular mobs of 2 or 3 Gentlefreet, and with no xp modifier I can easily get 10k to 16k experience per encounter..
Ludger. Because guns. -Noobverest

User Info: goodusername444

goodusername444
3 years ago#7
Dualgunner posted...
Sidenote: Whenever an elite monster spawns in an area, all regular enemies in that area get a level boost; this is also useful for leveling. I find the best source of xp before you hit the EX dungeon is in the Nala Lava Tubes after the Elite Monster spawns there, as there are regular mobs of 2 or 3 Gentlefreet, and with no xp modifier I can easily get 10k to 16k experience per encounter..

That's very useful info! I never would have thought to do that, thanks a lot. I might actually go to the areas Siennabronc EX is at...
Church of Vegh:www.tosshammer.edu
Alisha should have gotten Form Destroyer, Chrono for Smash 5, Ridley is too big.

User Info: LightOfJudgment

LightOfJudgment
3 years ago#8
goodusername444 posted...
Dualgunner posted...

That's very useful info! I never would have thought to do that, thanks a lot. I might actually go to the areas Siennabronc EX is at...

This doesn't apply to EX Elites or Siennabronc.
Time to wake up and smell reality.
(edited 3 years ago)

User Info: Dualgunner

Dualgunner
3 years ago#9
LightOfJudgment posted...
goodusername444 posted...
Dualgunner posted...

This doesn't apply to EX Elites or Siennabronc.

Ah, right that's true (was kind of disappointed about that, personally, but oh well)

The Nala Lava Tube Elite spawns after Chapter 14-I distinctly remember this because I was grinding out in the Lava Tubes before I continued, and wound up 20 levels overbuff to see the bad ending in Chapter 15 as a challenge.

But yeah, no, Siennabronc doesn't upgrade the enemies, presumably because having Xagut suddenly be about Lv65 that early in the game would screw some people up. (I know he spawns other places too, but Xagut is where I went to kill him)
Ludger. Because guns. -Noobverest

User Info: SMASHKING84

SMASHKING84
3 years ago#10
question if i got elite mode in the colliseum does that harry over to ngp?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPkB6aZSmUA
you never know what you want until you get it
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia 2
  3. Battle Mechanics 101 and FAQ (Continued)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.