Battle Mechanics 101 and FAQ (Continued)

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia 2
  3. Battle Mechanics 101 and FAQ (Continued)

User Info: Suikomu

Suikomu
3 years ago#11
SMASHKING84 posted...
question if i got elite mode in the colliseum does that harry over to ngp?
Nope.
Sakiokuri: http://sakiokuri.wordpress.com/ (spanish blog)
J'ai vu le sang, j'ai vu la mort

User Info: frubam

frubam
3 years ago#12
There needs to be a section dedicated to answering the horrible description for some of the more complicated Battle Challenge titles. Spent an hour trying to get Dodge Addict and gave up until a post on a youtube video clarified that you needed a successful back-step to avoid dmg(i.e. Momentary Gain activates) and ALSO not take damage. Spicy Chain, Power Finish, and Dual Chain xX might be some other confusing ones for players.

User Info: Xarius478

Xarius478
3 years ago#13
frubam posted...
There needs to be a section dedicated to answering the horrible description for some of the more complicated Battle Challenge titles. Spent an hour trying to get Dodge Addict and gave up until a post on a youtube video clarified that you needed a successful back-step to avoid dmg(i.e. Momentary Gain activates) and ALSO not take damage. Spicy Chain, Power Finish, and Dual Chain xX might be some other confusing ones for players.

There is a Title Guide on GameFAQs now, which I believe explains the required conditions to get all of the titles, and provides videos for some battle challenges.

User Info: Xarius478

Xarius478
3 years ago#14
I figured I'd add a clarification for Elite ranks at the Coliseum:

You need to be in a town for the skit to trigger, and if you fulfill the requirements for Elite while in the Coliseum, you'll have to leave the Coliseum.

User Info: Graycrow

Graycrow
3 years ago#15
Is it possible to set a linked arte on a shortcut?
Say I want to have Leia/Rowen use Timestop on the go, is that possible without taking control?
kangolcone - "Playing devil's advocate is the definition of trolling."
PotD, home of the intellectuals and open minded.
Graycrow posted...
Is it possible to set a linked arte on a shortcut?
Say I want to have Leia/Rowen use Timestop on the go, is that possible without taking control?

It isn't. The best thing you can do is set one of the artes used to activate it, such as Leia's Quickness, to a shortcut and hope they seize the opportunity.

You'll want to change their Linked Artes strategy to one that facilitates the AI's frequent use of them.
That cool-headed guy that hangs around the boards? Nope, he's just as silly as everyone else.

User Info: Jin_Oni

Jin_Oni
2 years ago#17
Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off auto-run when your on the field, because I can't find any solution (on the field,not in battle).
Nintendo FC: 2105-8801-9070
Gamertag - Volcannon

User Info: Sardrellas

Sardrellas
1 year ago#18
So the lag time between neutral jumping as opposed to guard jumping's application in free running into manual artes for mobbing and Sprinter's sake could be mentioned here, but that's more of a technique, so meh.

Great guide. I like a lot of the content pinned here. =)
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia 2
  3. Battle Mechanics 101 and FAQ (Continued)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.