I just completed the demo (rant)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Space 3
  3. I just completed the demo (rant)

User Info: darealest47

darealest47
4 years ago#1
To call this dead space would be an insult. There wasn't any moments where I was scared, in fact there wasn't even any jump scares. The pros: the controls is smooth and the graphics looks nice. The cons: doesn't play like dead space. Feels like gears of war in space and I hate that game. If this is your first time into the series then you might enjoy it and you have every right to. But as a veteran dead space fan (loved dead space 1, dead space 2 was decent) I feel kinda betrayed and feels like the developers sold out. There is no immersion and way too much action. With that being said i will give this game a rent but I'm really really disappointed. There's way too many good games that has failed to wow the original fans just to appeal to a wider audience and sadly this is one of them.
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec

User Info: Spade59

Spade59
4 years ago#2
stop disliking what i like!

User Info: VIC10U5

VIC10U5
4 years ago#3
Ugh, you have a terrible opinion AND you're a Steelers fan. Double gross.

User Info: JascoD

JascoD
4 years ago#4
First Resident Evil 6 and now Dead Space 3.

Un-****ing-believable!!

You know those times when you just want to pick up a sledgehammer and take a visit to the game developers........
Itchy Tasty!

User Info: Melfiice

Melfiice
4 years ago#5
If someone else compares this game to Gears I may lose it.

User Info: shagohad3

shagohad3
4 years ago#6
Visceral managed to make a rail shooter scary as ****, I have faith they will deliver a good game with DS3
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!

User Info: Rome218

Rome218
4 years ago#7
I disagree with you. The atmosphere is great and the game feels like Dead Space, not Gears of War. I'm talking core combat here.

Dead Space was not scary since part 1 IMO. Dead Space 2 was a straight up action game. I think the only people who are upset at Dead Space 3 are people who actually found Dead Space 2 scary.

Dead Space 2 was an action game with horror elements. Not scary. It was filled with action and that made the game fun, because at it's core; Dead Space has really fun combat.
HP Pavilion | Windows 7 | 700 gb HDD | 17' lcd display | Speakers | 3 USB Ports | HDMI port | Wireless-N | DVD/CD Read/Write

User Info: demonfire922010

demonfire922010
4 years ago#8
Rome218 posted...
I disagree with you. The atmosphere is great and the game feels like Dead Space, not Gears of War. I'm talking core combat here.

Dead Space was not scary since part 1 IMO. Dead Space 2 was a straight up action game. I think the only people who are upset at Dead Space 3 are people who actually found Dead Space 2 scary.

Dead Space 2 was an action game with horror elements. Not scary. It was filled with action and that made the game fun, because at it's core; Dead Space has really fun combat.

DS 2 had some oh f*** moments such as first encounter with stalkers. Wouldn't say scary but they were the first enemy to creep me out in either the first or 2nd game.

User Info: darealest47

darealest47
4 years ago#9
VIC10U5 posted...
Ugh, you have a terrible opinion AND you're a Steelers fan. Double gross.

Your opinion of my opinion is gross. By the way where's your 6 rings?
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec

User Info: Purps1024

Purps1024
4 years ago#10
TC, you've played two DS games. You already know what to expect (hence your expectations), so do you really think the necromorphs are going to scare you by now?

I also disagree with you about the atmosphere/immersion. Though the demo was primarily outside, the audio totally got me into the DS feel.

You call yourself a fan, then judge a game by a 20 minute demo? Please, son.
Yes.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Space 3
  3. I just completed the demo (rant)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived