is the online active at all?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Space 3
  3. is the online active at all?

User Info: ZBug_

ZBug_
3 years ago#1
If I buy this game, would I be able to find a co-op partner?

Also does this one have a vs. mode? The multiplayer in 2 wasn't very good so I'm curious if they tried again, and maybe did it better.

And on an unrelated note: did DS2 sell well? I was under the impression that people really like the first 2 games, especially 2 (I know I did), so I don't understand what made them think they had to change the game so much. It's not even the same genre
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" - Light Yagami
NNID: LLBCrook - PSN: ZBugCrook

User Info: TheLastAvatar05

TheLastAvatar05
3 years ago#2
Because you could only do the prearranged scripted jump out enemies so many times before it gets boring and completely predicable. I loved Dead Space but am having problems with 2 because apparently I can't die without risking an endless loop loading screen, which, is annoying. Not to mention that every single area is completely dark and I can't see ******** even with the brightness turned all the way up.

And no, this only has co-op missions with a drop in and out feature that's actually done better than Resident Evil 5's debacle of a mess of a co op.
Proud Member of Squad 422. "Altaha Abilia"

User Info: Just_a_loser

Just_a_loser
3 years ago#3
To be honest they are both flawed co-ops compared to Left 4 Dead, given that if your teammate needs to take a break/leave the room briefly they can't just let AI briefly take control of their character. Granted Dead Space 3 allows for pause, but not everyone has enough sense to send a message to let you know that's whey they're pausing and when you run ahead alone it can go badly for them or yourself.

As for the topic, while not the most active game on the 360, there's almost always people playing. Every few months I go for a playthrough and there's usually someone that'll join the game before too long.
You're only a cheater in the eyes of someone who has yet to gain the knowledge to do what you can do.

User Info: Kitsume765

Kitsume765
3 years ago#4
yea its still active on ps3 - play it often even after beating it several times
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Space 3
  3. is the online active at all?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived