John Morgan build tips

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Island: Riptide
  3. John Morgan build tips

User Info: Hopicake

Hopicake
3 years ago#1
I started a new game with John so far he is pretty cool, my question is what is a good build for him? and what type of weapons should I use ( using brass knuckles, h2h)

Thanks!
The President is gagging on my Gas Bladder what an honor

User Info: batsu336

batsu336
3 years ago#2
From what I have read and seen, the best bet is to go full combat tree with him at first, making sure you get his flying kick and uppercut, as both have a great stun/knockback feature in addition to damage. Also look for stamina boosts in the tree since he throws a lot of punches very quickly. Healing is a weak point for him, and about the only offset to that is a healing skill about 1/2 way down his right-side skill tree. If you don't mind dying and losing a little money, you can ignore it and go for the fury tree after combat.

Any knuckle or claw type weapon works well with him, and any kick also counts as a melee attack, as far as gaining skill points.

I know that's kind of vague, maybe someone else has some more specific points.

User Info: Reapercreep

Reapercreep
3 years ago#3
http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/673399-dead-island-riptide/66058251

The only thing I changed was to drop Uppercut Attack Upgrade, as the stamina decreases earned in the H2H skill tree appear to apply to uppercut as well. In its place I took One Handed Weapon Durability, just a personal choice as it allows me to stay in the field longer without tracking down a bench. As soon as I rank up enough to edit my original post, I will correct it to reflect my final build.

User Info: longnuts

longnuts
3 years ago#4
Get Nosferatu in the survival tree, and get most of the skills that increase crit chance. Once you start swinging, you'll always regen health pretty quickly.
My first console was a colecovision, so yeah!
http://360voice.gamerdna.com/tag/xLONGNUTTSx

User Info: Hopicake

Hopicake
3 years ago#5
Reapercreep:http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/673399-dead-island-riptide/66058251

The only thing I changed was to drop Uppercut Attack Upgrade, as the stamina decreases earned in the H2H skill tree appear to apply to uppercut as well. In its place I took One Handed Weapon Durability, just a personal choice as it allows me to stay in the field longer without tracking down a bench. As soon as I rank up enough to edit my original post, I will correct it to reflect my final build.

WOW I followed this (with some changes) and the guy is BEAST!!
The President is gagging on my Gas Bladder what an honor
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Island: Riptide
  3. John Morgan build tips

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived