how much better are the graphics?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Okami HD
  3. how much better are the graphics?

User Info: Majitsu

Majitsu
4 years ago#1
I have the ps2 version but I really love this game and am willing to purchase the HD version and go through another playthrough but only if there are significant improvements to the graphics. I would want to see AT LEAST higher texture resolutions to warrant a purchase.

is it more than just a port? or did they actually remaster the game?

Also, theres nothing else thats new in this game right?

User Info: Mookiethebold

Mookiethebold
4 years ago#2
It's a significantly noticeable improvement over the PS2 and Wii versions. You will not be disappointed with the HD graphics.
terminally unique

Majitsu
4 years ago#3
can you give me specific examples of whats better? its hard to judge just by looking at screenshots and videos. did they increase the texture size? higher poly models? better lighting? HDR bloom?

User Info: Mobius1Rising

Mobius1Rising
4 years ago#4
much
My favourite game is Okami.im also a fan of the Hyperdimension Neptunia series,& Ace combat.my favourite female characters are Leifang Momiji & Samus.

Majitsu
4 years ago#5
bump, nobody knows?

User Info: CurumoWolf

CurumoWolf
4 years ago#6
Majitsu posted...
can you give me specific examples of whats better? its hard to judge just by looking at screenshots and videos. did they increase the texture size? higher poly models? better lighting? HDR bloom?

Okami HD looks a lot better than the PS2 version. But I don't know whether that's because they increased the texture size or something else. Did you take a look at this video already: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PILTFUYwPAI ? If I were you I would just buy it; it's a fun game, it's not too expensive and the change in quality of the visuals is noticeable. Nothing else matters really.

User Info: Reakku

Reakku
4 years ago#7
I couldn't tell the difference between my PS2 and PS3 version until I used an HDMI cable and switched it to 1080p. Everything is better, the lines are sharper. The colours are brighter, and the details are more defined.

User Info: xESR

xESR
4 years ago#8
Reakku posted...
I couldn't tell the difference between my PS2 and PS3 version until I used an HDMI cable and switched it to 1080p. Everything is better, the lines are sharper. The colours are brighter, and the details are more defined.

This. It's a more significant change than you would expect from a HD port.

User Info: jackynkurttims

jackynkurttims
4 years ago#9
AAA+++ recommended :D
PSN: JTNKT
Pawn: Sasha

User Info: wigsplasher

wigsplasher
4 years ago#10
Reakku posted...

That's because without an HDMI cord, you weren't playing the game in HD.
We will go on a journey. A journey of scooters.
  1. Boards
  2. Okami HD
  3. how much better are the graphics?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived